Menu
Penguin2000
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Someone deactivated my services without my consent

• I've been left without broadband and assumed there was a outage or some works being done. This was 2 nights ago. I switched off modem, did the reboot and the pin reset multiple times. As it happened Saturday after midnight and on Sunday couldn't get through to anyone to ask what's going on.

Been trying to call customer services since the morning, on hold multiple times and cut off multiple times. Been told someone deactivated my account, surely this is a data breach? 

Was told I would get new kit sent out to me in 2 working days after I register a new account. Was told I would be called back. Tried to answer the phone but the person on the other end couldn't hear me. 

I tried calling another customer relations number and keep being assured it will be sorted but again cut off with no call back. 

What's going to happen to my now deactivated account? I am paying a hefty bill each month and someone can just deactivate my account without being the account holder and leave me with no Internet connection or a means to restore it? 

What am I supposed to do? I am going to have a massive phone bill and hardly any data left on my phone to access the Internet. 

0 Kudos
Penguin2000
Tuning in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to contact

Having same issue, it's a joke considering how pricey their service is each month. 

0 Kudos
Penguin2000
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Someone deactivated my services without my consent

It's been 5 days without my service and without consent from me (the account holder) to deactivate it.

Endless phonecalls back and forth, endless people promising call backs. Someone said they'd activate it for me and it'll be restored within 48 hours or sooner. Called again today to find its still deactivated. Trying to reactivate it but getting no where. 

How can I resume my service if no one actually takes accountability and fully restores it?? 

What am I meant to do with a modem and tivo box that has no service? 

Fully fed up at this point. Would like some answers as to what is going on because I'm highly unsatisfied and will no longer want to be a customer. I suppose now I am no longer an active customer due to their system, they don't really care to resolve my issue?? 

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Someone deactivated my services without my consent

Hi Penguin2000,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear of the situation, I can appreciate your frustration. 

Have you managed to get this sorted since your post on Wednesday?

I'm not able to locate any account information for you, if you still need help let me know and I can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos