cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Social tariff

_2000
Joining in

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows if you still get the Volt benefits for having an o2 contract and virgin broadband on the essential broadband plus social tariff for people on benefits? 

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There is no Volt Essential Broadband.

Social tariffs are low cost, low speed offerings for those on certain benefits.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

IMG_3761.jpeg

No I mean will I still get the speed boost on my broadband and the double data on my o2 contract because they’re both at the same address, because I currently get the speed boost and double data on my normal package but I didn’t know if it would be removed if I was to switch to the social tariff? I’ve added a photo to explain what I mean but I don’t know if this includes the social tariffs or is it just the Normal packages? 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @_2000 

I'm  sorry to say but customers on the Social tariff (Essential Broadband) don't qualify for the volt benefits.

Info below from https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/low-income-families 

Sub sections The Legal Stuff  > Offers > 

Volt benefits: Volt benefits available if you have or sign up to both an eligible Virgin Media broadband service and an eligible O2 Pay Monthly tariff. Not available if you are taking Virgin Media services in any of our 2022/2023 network expansion areas or for Essential broadband customers from 10 November 2022.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali