cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneaky trick by VM

rbkvm
Joining in

I was midway through a nice discount on a Ultimate Volt Bundle package.

With some Wifi issues reaching a back room, I took advantage of the offer for a free Wifi Max extender, however I subsequently found that my 18 month contract term was reset to that date, but not the accompanying 18 month discount.

Now my discount period has ended, I still have many months of this new sneaky contract to run at almost twice the monthly cost.

So beware!

Now that I have an alternative gigabit ethernet option at my location, I will be dropping Virgin after being a member since Blueyonder days once this adjusted contract is up.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Good news in the end. You can edit posts if quick to just show a full stop. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

rbkvm
Joining in

Actually, looking back through the Whatsapp chat I had with Toni, the Virgin Media's Chat BOT, and subsequently a person, there was no mention that ordering a Wifi Max extender would reset my existing 18month contract. Is this a breach of contract by VM?

Actually it now appears I was mistaken. I was looking at View Contract which was updated for the WifiMax a few months after I got the wifimax, and it said 8 months remaining. I thought that was a live estimate, but it was just confirming that I had 8 months left of my original contract at the point I added the WifiMax. So I am currently out of contract and can potentially cancel or change package without drastic charges.

Is there a way of deleting conversations?

Good news in the end. You can edit posts if quick to just show a full stop. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @rbkvm 

There isn't a way to delete the posts, however you could click on the drop down in the right hand side of your original message and mark the thread as solved.

I'm pleased to see that you've now found out that your original contract is unchanged and that you are now out of contract.  It might be a good time to re-negotiate, armed with the pricing for the alternative provider. 

Please note that if you do agree a new contract that the Ultimate Volt Bundle package has been discontinued and replaced with the Mega Volt bundle.  If you go for that then you need to be specific in what you want.

TNT has been removed from all packages and is only available as a standalone premium extra (£18 a month) for all new customers and anyone recontracting or changing package.  Also it's now an extra £10 for an additional set top box, plus the Mega bundle comes with M500, it's a further £6 a month for the Gig speed.   

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali