cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sky Sports Pricing

Chaslington
On our wavelength

Hi,

Virgin's website is a minefield of misleading and sneaky "great offers" kind of sales pitches where I have to give personal details (including my postcode) before getting any real answers. Also, some undeserving sales person might receive a nice bonus despite the fact that I'm already interested.

So, here are my questions:

How much extra does Sky Sports cost per month (before and after the sign up incentive period)?

Can I only subscribe to Sky Sports Football channels without paying extra for sports I'm not interested in (golf, formula one, etc.)?

Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Chaslington,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I'd suggest giving our team a call on 0345 454 1111 and they can review your package and help you further with this. 

Let us know how you get on.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Chaslington
On our wavelength

Jesus Christ just tell me the price.

Joseph_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Chaslington,

The price of this can vary depending on what discounts and offers are available at the time, this is why we recommend calling in, they will be bale to review this and give you live prices in line with what we have on offer.

Joe

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Chaslington wrote:

Jesus Christ just tell me the price.

As indicated by Joseph_B you should chat to the regrades agents over the phone, or  you can chat to them using whatsapp (0730 532 7112)

Due to the wholesale agreement between VM and Sky, VM aren't able to split the Sky Sports channels so you only pay for and receive the Football channels. You have to take the full Sky Sports package.

I see from your previous posts that you have broadband with VM and a Tivo box. 

It's normally an additional £38.75 for the Sky Sports channels in HD (£31.75 in SD). You also have the option of taking the feed in UHD  for an additional £7 or £10 per month but UHD is only available on the V6 and TV360 boxes.

Do you use the recording facility on the tivo box? If not it might be worthwhile looking at switching to the /stream box This is provided by IPTV (over the internet) and doesn't have a hard drive so there's no recording facility, but there's a Sky Sports offer of £18.75 per month for the channels including the HD version.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky will only wholesale the channels as "all or nothing" so you cannot cherry pick which ones you want.

HD carries an additional supplemental charge, as does UHD.

Prices are dependent on your current package, as different packages attract different discounts. The minimum subscription length is 30 days, although this again may vary with your current package.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Some people find that the Now Sports Month Membership for either 30 days (£26) or one day will work well for them.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection