cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signing up and joining in partners name problems.

Bruffell06
Tuning in

So I gave my notice to Virgin Media to cancel once my introductory rates expire on 13th June.

My partner has since signed up in her name and requested the equipment be delivered on the 14th June and for a self-install for me to install this. Obviously being once my contract had been disconnected etc.

However, today my partner received a message stating that engineers needed to come out to do a 'pre-pull'. 

So I have phoned them and explained that Virgin is already in the property so there would be no need for engineers and that I just needed the equipment as requested.

However, for some unknown reason the representative I spoke to, despite them being able to see on the system the previous package disconnects on the 13th, that engineers still need to come out and see if any work is done and that they will be coming out on the 14th June (which is when I was supposed to be receiving/installing the kit) and until somebody has been out and confirmed no work needs doing I won't be set any equipment. 

So now what do I do? Am I able to extend my disconnection period with my package?

I've never seen anybody have such issues changing in to their partners name before.

4 REPLIES 4

Cardiffman282
Super solver

"I have since signed up in my partners name".

It all rather reads like it is you signing up as a new customer again rather than your partner. 

Just saying. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

Fair enough. I'll amend the wording on my post.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

IMHO, it really is time this ‘loophole’ was securely plugged.

When is a new customer not a new customer?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bruffell06 wrote:

So now what do I do? Am I able to extend my disconnection period with my package?

I've never seen anybody have such issues changing in to their partners name before.

Hi Bruffell06 

Yes, you can certainly extend the disconnection period, however that will delay or cancel the "new customer connection" and will also probably stop the engineeers coming out on the 14th to  perform any 'pre-pull' that the system is saying is required. If the system doesn't change then you are likely to face the same situation going forward.

You should also be aware that if you currrently have a VM landline then you will lose your VM phone number when cancelling.

Also any VM, ntl, blueyonder etc email addresses will be deleted 90 days after leaving. They can't be transferred over to a new account so make sure you forward anything important to a new email address.

Also in the unlikely event that there are capacity problems in your area then VM may not be taking on any new connections, or they may be unable to supply speeds above M350.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali