Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Short Term Home Move

Hi,
I'm moving into a short term rental home that is outside of VM coverage so I cannot move my service. However withing around 8 weeks, I'll be in my new property that is in a VM area and I wish to continue my service in the new house.

Can my account be put 'on-hold' whilst until i'm moved into my new permanent residence?

I really don't wish to lose my Blueyonder email address or any loyalty that I've built up over the last 16 years.

Thanks
Dave

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Short Term Home Move

I believe the on hold finished a long time ago, might be possible to move you account without completing the process if the new property currently has an active virginmedia account this has the draw back of you would still be paying for the service.

Would be a day or so for the forum staff to reply with possible options, or if the property your moving out of doesn't have any new people moving in could leave it closer to the date moving to virginmedia area.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Short Term Home Move

Hey DEEGEE1 and welcome to the community,

As @paultechy has said we cannot put your account on hold,

The options would be to fully close your account and restart when you move back into a serviceable area or if possible at all, keep the account active at your current property and downgrade this to the lowest possible package. Then once you can transfer the account over and put your package back to what you would like to be on.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos