cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shocking O2 coverage

Eddie1889
Joining in

Anyone know if I can leave my O2 sim deal which I got as part of my virgin package?

I was previously on Virgin mobile and got the free sim included which I had no issues with but when I renewed my contract I was informed that I would now have to move to O2 and pay them separately. 

I upgraded which I’m now really regretting as I feel like I’ve gone back 10 years. Signal forever dropping to 3G and takes forever to load. Before I used to turn Wi-Fi off to use my 4g but now it’s the other way around. 

I'm aware of an issue in the area but as I explained to someone today it’s not just when I’m local to my home. I’ve stopped at the in laws the last 4 days and it was equally dire. It’s so annoying when I stand next to my wife  and hers loads straight away. I’ve been told wait for the issue to be fixed and call back for compensation but she didn’t grasp that the service is shocking everywhere. 

it’s even more annoying that the price has increased by £4 since I signed up as well and I could be on a far cheaper and better deal else where. 

surely I must be able to cancel this and move to a better mobile provider. Any advise is appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

can only leave within your notice period, if its poor you need contact them and let them try to sort it (pointless)

does your phone support wifi calling, is that an option?

if none of this fixes it you need keep complaining directly, they may credit your account, drop your tariff cost or let you leave.

just keep the pressure on

Thank you for you reply, to be honest I don’t make loads of calls but the ones I do aren’t great connection. Will have a go at Wi-Fi calls. 

it’s more using online apps and searching internet what’s the main issue as it’s so slow and frustrating. Like you said I think it will be a case of persistent contact until it either gets resolved or they let me leave. 

I've just come off the oomph package where the phone was included. They tried to give me a Volt package and pay £25 to O2. I only use about 4 gig a month and took a 10 gig package for £6.00

The 4g data has been terrible for 4 days (since the switch), you phone and get nowhere, we have 4 virgin phones in this house, all are  showing around 2mbps on 4g and the operator wants me to clear cache, history and cookies. Like that is going to solve, may be if it was just the one phone.

The O2 app just says that this area can be busy and working on it. Txt messages updating the same msg but no end date. But as usual the Operator works from a script and you are banging your head against a wall.

Fortunately, I can leave this 30 day contract, my wife is stuck until next July. My sons, well, I'll leave it up to them.