Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Shocking Customer Service

Hi all,

This is simply to complain about one of the worst customer service experiences I've had in recent times which hopefully will motivate Virgin Media to dramatically improve their service. The reason for my call was because I wasn't able to register to My Virgin Media. Below a summary of issues encountered:

1. Over 40mins to reach customer service after an infinite list of questions to reply to to the automated voice.

2. While my contract had my correct name and last name, Virgin discovered that they had a different last name in their system, hence the reason why I wasn't able to register.

3. Impossible to change name in the system over the phone even by answering security questions or providing information required.

4. Need to fill in and send an online form, after which it will require up to 48 hours for the name change (although my name has never changed).

I would have expected Virgin to solve the problem from their end (since it orginated after their mistake) but I was shocked when told I had to request for a name change via email to provide the right information. Poor service, poor pro-activity, poor problem-solving.

Regards,

Matteo

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking Customer Service

from what you have written it doesn't sound like the worst experience i've seen.
however if you wish to raise a complaint then see https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-complaint

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking Customer Service

Hi MatteoAlbinati

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I'm really sorry to hear of this experience. 

I'd like to ensure this is sorted so I'll send you a PM now.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos