cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services suspended without warning for exceeding unknown credit limit

mckeown627
Tuning in

My services have been suspended for exceeding a £50 credit limit I did not know existed. My account is fully up to date. This is due to on demand content only. However, I have not been sent any emails or notifications that any limit was exceeded.

I regularly spend well with on demand and have never had an nissue. In November 2021, I spent £75 on content. In October 2021, I spent £60 on content. I know for a fact that my credit limit was set very high, at one point exceeding £200, so this £50 limit has been applied without my knowledge.

I have spent the entire morning on calls, being passed from technical support, to collections, to cancellations, to collections, to customer service, back to collections. Each time I am told I MUST make a payment today to resume services. But as I have been cut off mid-way through the month, I do not have the funds to make a payment today, even if I wanted to.

I have also spent in excess of 1 hour waiting to be connected to an agent on the chat, which is now completely unresponsive.

Two days ago, I agreed to extend my contract for a further 18 months. Almost like clockwork, having extended a contract, I am now being treated very poorly again. Despite being within the 14 day period, I am told I cannot cancel this contract without payment. I have made my intentions clear that if Virgin continue refusing to help, I will pay anything outstanding at the end of the month, on my usual payment date and then cancel for good.

I know full well that credit limits can be increased and payments deferred. What I don't know is why I am being refused these options, having just agreed to extend the contract.

Someone can help, so why won't they?

2 REPLIES 2

mckeown627
Tuning in

Having researched the virgin media website, I have discovered terms of credit limits and spend limits:

"If you’re a Virgin Media customer and there’s an amount outstanding from your previous bill, we might place a temporary spend limit of £30 on your account. This spend limit will stay in place until your outstanding balance is paid in full."

....... there was no amount Outstanding from my previous bill.

"A spend limit applies to costs that are outside of your standard monthly package, such as calls, pay-per-view and interactive services.".. "you’re free to add, change and get rid of this anytime on Your Account."

...... if I can "get rid" on this at any time, why have I been suspended?

My monthly bill for services alone is over £80. I have an extensive list of monthly bills upto and exceeding £200, proving my credit limit is/was set high. So why am I being suspended over £52 worth of on demand content? £52 doesn't even cover my bill, nevermind extras, and my next bill hasn't been processed yet, so this is not exceeding my credit limit.

Hi @mckeown627

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about what has happened.

I will need some details please to be able to review this further for you. 

I will send you a private message now so we can discuss this securely.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide