cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Query Help

Violater
On our wavelength

Quick question as I've been on Whatsapp for 5hrs to VM and it's torture, absolute torture! Can't phone as it's hours wait. It's a nightmare for customers.

I'm moving house, I cancelled my services last month and my notice is up tomorrow. My house has delayed by approx 20-30 days, so I wanted to have just Broadband for the next 30 days, M100 would do (currently on M600 and TV etc). 

The chap I was whatsapping said I'd have to stay on current package for 30 days (price increasing from around £80 to £140 as end of contract offer) and then he can do the M100 for 30 days. It takes 30 days to change package?

I explained I'm moving house and I literally don't have any TV's in the house, there will be a single laptop and two phones so I don't need anything else I just want to stay connected (signal isn't great in my area)

Does anyone know if this is possible, I don't understand why everything has to be so difficult with VM, I've had no issues with service for years so rarely speak to them but when I do, it's like drawing teeth.

Really appreciate any help.

V

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
TBH.... I would just let the VM deal expire and be disconnected and get a 4G/5G SIM BB deal.

You can get these on most networks and I thing Three have some good deals on 30day contracts

Will be a lot less hassle than getting what you ideakky want - actually getting actioned and you will almost certainly end up exactly in a place where you dont want to be. Probably tied in toa new 18 month contract somehow by the clueless offshore CS agents

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jem101
Superstar

@Violater 

This won’t be what you want to hear but it is the reality of the situation. You have given notice for your current contract and it ends tomorrow - fine. Now you can ‘cancel’ the cancellation (maybe too late now though) but that keeps you on the same deal ie broadband, TV, etc as you were for at least another month.

Now if you just wanted broadband, then fine, except that would be a new contract which has a minimum 18 month period, obviously not what you want. I have heard that VM do monthly contracts at an increased cost which might work for you but they don’t seem to advertise it too much and it may be very problematic signing up to it.

So what I would suggest is that you let the contract end as expected. Then pop down to a high street mobile phone shop and see if you can’t get a 4G or 5G home router on a monthly contract just to tied you over. You can take this to your new house and use it until you get a better broadband connection installed.

edit : damn, beaten to the post by @jbrennand , curse his fast typing skills😀

Violater
On our wavelength

Thanks both, I appreciate it.

The signal isn't great here, so use WIFI calling and data for my phone.

I don't have much in the house, no TV's etc, just phone and laptop so would have liked the net for the next couple weeks, but didn't want to pay £140 for it.

Not sure why it's so difficult for VM - they really need a massive overhaul of their systems and need to move the customer services to the UK and use offshore for transactional work which they excel at. My work use offshore and they are brilliant and I get on well with my colleagues, but they just don't understand most requests unless it is "Add this", not their fault but reading the forums it's a massive issue (not just VM to be fair)

I think I'll just leave it. 30 days to sit with my own thoughts can't be bad can it? 😮 !! Thankfully I'm moving from bricks and mortar and all this nonsense to live in van. 

Again, thanks for your help.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Violater 

Just a thought, but if you are on good terms with your current neighbours, why not explain the impending lack of an internet connection with them and see if they will allow you to share their connection for a few weeks. You could even offer to pay them for it.

Also, there are VM 30 day rolling contracts available  <<< here >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Violater wrote:

The signal isn't great here, so use WIFI calling and data for my phone.

Is that the case of all the UK networks? EE, O2, VF & 3?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks