forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
dan1981
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Seller promised credit my account and an amzon card if i switched.. now he's not replying to me

Hello in December i received a call from Virgin Media trying to get me to switch from Sky

It was a very nice male however upon checking i was still under contract for my broadband with Sky till June 2021

The seller advised me that if i switched and took out a phone as well when i get the early cancellation fee he will credit it to my new account

I did not feel comfortable initially and advised i would rather wait till June 2021 as i can switch then plus there are offers through internet sites re: 50.00 Amazon voucher for new customer

I was advised by the Virgin Media Rep that he will do all the work regarding cancelling my Sky Broadband and will give me a 50.00 Amazon voucher and refund any early cancellation charge

I decided to take him up and got Virgin Broadband installed

Unfortunately now the seller is not responding to his emais and i cant help feeling that i have been conned or missold

I hope this is not the case so am reaching out to anyone to help before i make a complaint as i would never have taken out a policy with virgin broadband if i was not promised the above

I dont want to name the Virgin Media employer yet as i'm still hopeful that this can be resolved

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Seller promised credit my account and an amzon card if i switched.. now he's not replying to me

Erm, this don't sound right!

It's not normally policy for any operators to cover early termination charges of another companies products (June 2021m can't imagine that was cheap) and to also add in another gift and presumably be offering a good deal too all sounds very fishy.

So I would say open a complaint and hang on here for someone from Virgin to follow up with you.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/contactus/make-a-complaint#

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
dan1981
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Seller promised credit my account and an amzon card if i switched.. now he's not replying to me

Cheers Matt

I hope this is not the case; the early cancellation came to 55.25.  The seller stated that they credit your account as long as it is under 100.00 so should be good then

I hope the seller hasn't come down with cornovirus and is ill hence the non communication.. 

Do you think i should just start the complaint process?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dan,

I was thinking the charges would of been more, so I could probably say its possible for these to be credited in the way said, it hard to suggest what to say currently but first port of call would be calling into customer service.

Not sure on the team to talk to but best guys are found at retention's in my experience, they can be reached using options 1-1-4-4

Failing this a complaint maybe the only way to resolve it.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos