Menu
SimonT1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Seems absolutely impossible to cancel

Hi,

My 12 month contract comes to an end on the 31st of this month. My connection has sucked for the whole, 12 months so i have already signed up with somebody else. I am not interested in a retention deal, i just want to leave.

After visiting the Virgin Media website it seems that they are making it deliberately difficult to contact them. Trying to find any contact details results in endless loops of the site. I have tried ringing every day for the last week and all i get is 'due to Corona all our call centers are closed', and it directs me back to their useless website. 

So they are happy to keep taking the direct debit (while will jump in price at the end of the contract term), yet there seems to be no possible way to contact them. 

How do i cancel?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Seems absolutely impossible to cancel

@SimonT1980 wrote:

Hi,

My 12 month contract comes to an end on the 31st of this month. My connection has sucked for the whole, 12 months so i have already signed up with somebody else. I am not interested in a retention deal, i just want to leave.

After visiting the Virgin Media website it seems that they are making it deliberately difficult to contact them. Trying to find any contact details results in endless loops of the site. I have tried ringing every day for the last week and all i get is 'due to Corona all our call centers are closed', and it directs me back to their useless website. 

So they are happy to keep taking the direct debit (while will jump in price at the end of the contract term), yet there seems to be no possible way to contact them. 

How do i cancel?

Read your contract.

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services#end 

SimonT1980
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, very helpful, not

Well it says a lot of things, including that i can call to cancel, but that clearly isn't true is it?

I gave up trying to ring about the terrible connection and just waited out my 12 month sentence.

From the pomposity of your reply, and having now read some other threads on the forum i can see that the forum isn't really hear to help the customer, more just a place for hired goons to protect the reputation (lol) of VM.

You can upgrade your package online, you can pay a bill online, but you can't cancel online. Why?

Obviously that this a rhetorical question because we all know the reason why.

Once i have jumped through the necessary hoops to disassociate myself with this deceitful company, I can honestly say, VM will not get another penny of mine for as long as i live.
0 Kudos
Shafreya
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

In the terms and conditions it shows an address you can cancel to. Send a recorded letter so you have proof of when your 30 day notice period begins.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@SimonT1980 wrote:
Blah blah blah...

I was being straight to the point, providing a link DIRECTLY to the section of YOUR contract with VM on the only two options available.

It clearly states the options you have, so thought best it come from the horses mouth rather than explain what's already been discussed several times in this forum.

0 Kudos
Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi SimonT1980,

Welcome to our forums and thank you for reaching out. I do apologise that you've had trouble getting through and haven't found the information given on our forums to be of use.

Whilst you may consider us "hired goons", I can assure you that the aim of VM staff on these forums is to provide as much assistance as possible to both the individual and the wider community. Where we're able, we will do all we can to resolve an issue without the need to employ alternative contact methods. Unfortunately, package changes and disconnections fall outside our remit as this is the responsibility of our dedicated retentions team. This platform operates under a community support model, allowing customers and other clued-up forum members to intercede before any input is required from the forum team itself. In many situations, they are able to point people to the relevant information or identify the underlying cause of a fault in advance, so all we need to do is pick up the post and take minor action, if we're even needed at all. I pride myself on my ability to resolve often complex issues via these forums and am endlessly grateful for the support provided by our VIPs and other members.

Some may find certain community responses to be a little blunt, but the information provided above is correct. They have directed you to the relevant section of our terms and conditions, as has been indicated in various other locations on this platform. It can be difficult to accurately judge someone's intentions via written communication only, but I'm confident that no offence was meant and that our members were offering support in a manner they deemed appropriate. If you take a look at other threads, I'm sure you'll see that our members do a great job of holding us accountable where we may slip, so their willingness to assist with a variety of matters is hugely appreciated.

As you can see from the above responses and our linked T&Cs, the usual method for cancelling your contract would be to give us a call. There is also a postal address provided, but I appreciate that this may not be everyone's preferred method. We understand that call queues can be long at the moment due to the ongoing pandemic, but we are still operating inbound and outbound call functions where possible. If you've not been able to get through, you may prefer to use our messaging service by sending a text to 07533051809. You would initially be connected with our chat bot to confirm a few details. Please keep responses clear and concise until you are transferred to an agent for further assistance.

Thanks,

Rachael