cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seeing phone calls covered by plan in bill?

maydin
Tuning in

Hello,

My sister has been staying at our home and has got very ill. Her job is demanding some proof that she called certain numbers during her stay here, which I think is ridiculous but thats the situation. The problem is that those numbers are included in our call plan at thus, not visible in our bill.

Is there any way we can change some settings, or speak to somebody on the phone in order to see them?

Would be very helpful if so. Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi maydin, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm afraid we're not able to provide call records for any calls that are not chargeable. The only exception to this is if you require itemised billing for use in court. If this is the case, on production of a Court Notice, the Police Liaison Unit will produce and witness itemised billing at a charge of £10 for each month/part month of billing requested.

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

So there you have it: VM do have the relevant data, but they're choosing not to give it to you. 

Funnily enough the data regulator (the Information Commissioner's Office) clearly state that itemised call records are personal data here.  And the same ICO confirm what we all know, that you have a right to see all data that relates to you.  So I'd suggest you raise a Data Subject Access Request here, asking for ALL DATA VM HOLD ON YOU, INCLUDING ALL CALLS MADE FROM YOUR PHONE WHETHER ITEMISED OR NOT.  If VM withhold details on non-itemised calls, then complain to the ICO, here

There's a good chance you'll get a phone call from VM's data team asking why you want this data (because it's expensive and time consuming for VM to do a complete DSAR), if that call comes, you explain politely the scenario, and how you expect them to honour the request, otherwise it's the naughty chair over at the ICO.  They'll fully understand that the ICO naughty chair is a very bad place for companies to find themselves, and may be keener to assist than the rest of VM's Aeroflot-inspired customer service.