Menu
DB2k
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Security answer

Hi

Struggling here. I recorded some TV and it needs a PIN to unlock to watch it. 

That appears to be the answer to my security question. However I don't know that. I know my login email and pw for my account online. I assume the answer to the security question is separate. How do I reset it - can I do it without having to call?

thanks

David

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Security answer

Hi DB2k,

The default TV set top box pin is 1234.

The default Virgin TV Go pin is 0000.

In both instances you can set the pin to any 4 digit number.

The security password is not the actual account password, but the security word from when the account was set up, usually along the lines of mothers maiden name, place of birth etc, and should be on the original documentation

The agents should be able to ask you other questions to verify you as the account holder, usually related to billing so have a bill handy.

You can ask them to send a password reminder through the post.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
DB2k
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Security answer

right. so as I understood it the pin on the tv box was linked to my secret answer - which I do not know. however it doesn't appear to be - 1234 worked. so thanks I guess! I just don't know why im told this is linked to my secret. hmm....

0 Kudos