Menu
Vinnie62
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Secondary to Primary account

Not sure if anyone can help with this but my Son is currently a Secondary Account holder under my Primary Account. He has now moved house and has his own Virgin Account but cannot get into his account as whenever he signs in it takes him to my account as he is a Secondary Account holder. 

He has called Virgin many times but they don't seem to understand the issue and cant resolve it.

Does anyone know how he can become a Primary Account holder on his own account and still keep his current e mail address?  

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Secondary to Primary account

Hi Vinnie62

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

My apologies for the delayed reply. There is a way this can happen and it's called a move and transfer of the email from your account to his account. However, this would move every email address from yours to his as it's not possible to just move one over. 

Would you like to go ahead with this? Let me know if so and I'll help further 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Vinnie62
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi John

• Thanks for the reply, if we moved them all would that mean that I wouldn't be the Primary account holder for my account ant that I couldn't access details in my account?

All my son needs is to be able to view and deal with issues in his own account but when he logs in it takes him to my account as a Secondary account holder.

Is there any other way he can gain access to his acvount? Can you create a new email address for his account as a primary one so that he can log into his own one?

Regards

Vince

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The straightforward answer is that what you want cannot be done within the VM account and sign on system. It is not possible. Addresses are all tied to an account. They cannot be moved selectively. @John_GS has it perfectly correct. There is no work around.

Shows the dangers and disadvantages of using ISP linked accounts when you aren't the account holder.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Vinnie62
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that.

But as my Son has an account without any email address attached to it, can Virgin not set up a new Email account as a Primary account holder for that account?

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes of course VM and they do but it cannot have the same name as your son's previous secondary account. That is also not allowed. Your son will have been given a primary email account address when he signed up with VM and when the package was delivered, and it will be a new one, never issued before. That cannot be changed either. He can't create a new secondary account with the previous name either in an attempt to access his old emails. That won't work. There is no way round to get what you and he are asking for.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Vinnie62
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

He didn't get a primary email address when he signed up with them as he already had an email address on my account. If he had a different email address as a primary one then he could access his own account

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

He needs to check his account documentation. That will have his primary address included in it. If he draws a blank there he will need to create an account on this Forum and post separately about the issue. Or he can phone VM.

0 Kudos