Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Secondary Account Question

Hi

With reference to the Secondary Accounts

As I understand it, I cannot change my account from a Secondary Account...however the Primary Account holder moved out over 7 years ago and I now pay the bill solely, what is the advice of the community? Never really been a problem, but I want to use the Virgin Media Wifi App to order a wifi extender and the app informs me I must be the Primary Account holder to use this service...crap!

• Do I need to close my Account and reopen a new one (possibly changing service provider, totally fed up with having to re-set my router every couple of days and never getting the speed that I paying for)
  • Is there a way that the Secondary Account be changed to the Primary Account if I complain enough?
  • Are there any other solutions?

Thank you for your advice

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Secondary Account Question

Hello

I see a couple of problems here when the account holder moved out was the account transferred to yourself or are they still the account holder ?

A secondary account holder cannot be changed to a primary account, there can only be one primary account per contract.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

afaik the account can be transferred to you if all contact with the original account holder is lost - you would need to ring them - start here

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - then "technical issues" - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

if you want to terminate the account you would need to get it transferred to you first as only the primary account holder can do that - again afaik you could simply stop paying and the account would close but that would then impact on the original account holder as they would be chased for payment and their cridit file/rating affected - i say again afaik - please check that

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, the account was set up in their name but I paid the bills (I wasnt techy when the account was set up back before it became Virgin)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Great, will give that a go, thank you

0 Kudos