Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Second name on account

Hi.

My father is in his mid 80s and struggles in discussions when he phones up VM with regards to his package etc. If we try to phone up to help him, then usually VM won't talk to us as we are not the main account holder. Is there a way to set up someone else in the family on the account so that VM will actually speak to them?

Thanks, Kevin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second name on account

Hi there Kevin108,

Welcome to our Community Forum and sorry to hear you've been unable to help your father with his account due to security. We're only allowed to discuss account details with the account holder and the person who holds the Power of Attorney. Even with another person added to the account for access, it still won't be sufficient for us I'm afraid.

Can I ask what it is that he needs help with regarding his account?

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisa

At the moment, he has his phone only with Virgin Media, Sky Sports with Sky, BT Sports with BT and Premier Sports with Premier Sports - don't ask how he has ended up in this position! He is paying a fortune for this separately so I wanted to help him by bringing it all under the same account with one provider where possible (and add broadband) to make it easier for him to manage and probably much cheaper!  Not being a new customer with yourselves also makes it more difficult as the introductory packages are not likely to be available! Ultimately, he will move all services to one place (with help from us) and go with whoever offers the best value. As you can see, not an easy thing for him to discuss on the phone without some guidance from either myself or my sister!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin108,

Thanks for the clarification on the situation. Has any of the agents when you've contacted us asked to speak to the account holder to get you or your sister added to the account? Although it doesn't give full account holder access, it may make it easier for you for when you next contact us. We're unable to do packages changes on here  but let me send you a Private Message so I can get more details.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos