cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second box error after package change

suzyb1978
Tuning in

Earlier today my father called Virgin and changed the package to reduce the cost.  Straight after the call the TiVo box downstairs was updated and the channels they had removed disabled. All worked fine there.

However, the second box upstairs in my room is now coming up with a 7400 error.  As I understand it this is an activation error however prior to the package change today this box was activated and working.

On the box's "System Info" page I see "8: Closed" next to the Virgin Media Service Account Status item.  Does this mean the second box has been removed from the package.  If so is there anyway to reactivate it without having to make another hour long phone call.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @suzyb1978 

The Ultimate Volt bundle is the only package that includes 2 TV set top boxes within the pricing.

On all other packages it's £10 a month extra for the first additional set top box, and £5 a month extra for a third additional set top box.

Sky Sports Racing HD (channel 535) is included for free in all packages.

Racing TV (channel 536) used to be known as Racing UK and is an additonal £20 per month

The breakdown of pricing should be on the new package email that you should have received.

It should also be available to view on your contract when logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page.

As to the Cinema channels still being missing on the second box. You said in another post that it's a TIVO. If so try the following using your remote control

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi suzyb1978,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry to hear you're having some issues with your second box, just to confirm was the additional outlet agreed as part of the new deal? Is this listed on your new contract?

If so, have you been through the diagnostics online here

Alex_Rm

The additional box was on the original Ultimate Oomph bundle but I don't know whether it was removed as part of the new one.  And my father can't remember.  Our account section on the website isn't yet showing the new contract so I can't check whether the additional box is still included.

Does it usually take a while for the contract showing to be updated.

You should receive an updated contract within 24 hours 🙂

Have you checked your spam inbox?

Akex_Rm

Don't have anything in spam.  But I've just received a text message saying the collections team can pop round in a few weeks to pick up the kit.  So I guess the second box has been removed.

Going to call VM tomorrow to get the box added back on as Father didn't realise it was being removed.  He just wanted the sports, racing and kids removed but ended up with the second box removed and an O2 sim.

Hi suzyb1978, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

It certainly sounds as though the additional box was removed. To get things working again, speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and they can look at adding the additional box back on for you. It will likely change the cost of the bundle but the team can go through this with you on the call. 

Please keep us posted on how you get on and if there is anything else we can help with, just let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

We called VM yesterday and the guy told us the box should apparently not have been deactivated but it had been, so he reactivated it. What the guy said sounded like removing the box was a mistake and that it wouldn't cost us anything to get it added back on.  However I've noticed there is a new contract from yesterday (when the box was reactivated) that is £32 more than the previous one.  Is an additional box no longer included in the package (we've changed from Ultimate Oomph to Bigger Volt bundle + movies according to the contract) and is now costing us £32 per month.

An additional issue we are having is that the movie channels are not working on the second box.  We called VM again just now and the guy apparently enabled them on the additional box, except they still don't work after 2 plug off restarts.  Going to wait and see if they are just taking some time but this is turning into a saga.

We also still seem to have a Racing UK subscription which was supposed to be removed.  Will this be another additional cost.

Is there any way to see the breakdown of what parts of the package costs what as we do not seem to have the same Bigger Volt bundle package the is detailed on the website.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @suzyb1978 

The Ultimate Volt bundle is the only package that includes 2 TV set top boxes within the pricing.

On all other packages it's £10 a month extra for the first additional set top box, and £5 a month extra for a third additional set top box.

Sky Sports Racing HD (channel 535) is included for free in all packages.

Racing TV (channel 536) used to be known as Racing UK and is an additonal £20 per month

The breakdown of pricing should be on the new package email that you should have received.

It should also be available to view on your contract when logging into My Virgin Media at the top of the page.

As to the Cinema channels still being missing on the second box. You said in another post that it's a TIVO. If so try the following using your remote control

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the information, it's helped me understand things.  It looks like the Racing TV subscription has been added back on when the additional box was added so we'll need to call again to get this resolved. 

After another call on Thursday and a final one on Friday we have finally got everything sorted.  Thanks for the assistance in navigating things.