Menu
AndyJB70
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Scammed by Virgin Media for late payment fee just for changing my direct debit details

Hi,

I changed my direct debit details recently and now I've got a double bill with a late payment charge as Virgin Media didin't take the payment in July. I'm furious, I've had no warning that they weren't going to take the payment and no warning that I would be charged if I didn't pay the July charge before July 12th. All they have sent is a bill for August with 2 monthly charges on and a late payment charge.

Why am I being penalised just for changing my direct debit details? 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scammed by Virgin Media for late payment fee just for changing my direct debit details

Call them up or start a chat - they will drop the (think it's £7.50) missed payment if you explain

Hate companies that do this, save £x if pay by DD, £15.0 for a paper bill etc

BT still allow paying quarterly! and you can BACs payment to Virgin too but dunno if there's any fees on top as nkt a DD. worth checking

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scammed by Virgin Media for late payment fee just for changing my direct debit details

Hello @AndyJB70,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issue with your direct debit and bill.

I can see that this is something we need to assist you with asap, I will send you a private message now, so I can help further.

Please look out for a purple envelope, at the top right corner.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos