cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales team left me hanging

Jpgrainger
Joining in

I was looking to cancel my contract after the initial period came to an end and the cost was due to double. Several other companies had better deals. When I called to terminate with Virgin they promised a much better deal over the phone - even throwing in free sausage rolls from Gregg's(!?). However they hit a "technical issue" when getting ready to send me the contract details and promised to call me back within the hour. 

Of course the follow on call never came. Is this normal for Virgin Media? Did the sales rep over promise, get busted by the team leader and then lie to save face? Or are they just too lazy to call back? 

1 REPLY 1

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

All of the above!

If you were offered a package and accepted that offer, then it's a done deal.  Information provided by a company verbally or written is binding if the consumer relies upon it when entering a contract (Section 50, Consumer Rights Act 2015), so VM have to honour whatever was agreed, whether they like it or not.  All sales and contract discussion calls are recorded, so there won't be a problem verifying.  However, if you didn't firmly accept the offer (eg "sounds good, can you send me the details so I can have a think?") then there's no deal, they don't have to re-offer the same deal, you have no come-back and you may as well cancel outright.

Hopefully the forum staff can pick this up and get it sorted - by which I mean that you get any deal that was agreed, not some less attractive compromise.  That would be the cheapest and quickest resolution for both parties, and the best way of trying to recover some goodwill in a bad situation.  If they can't get it sorted in that complete manner, you need to raise a formal complaint with VM, wait for that to be fobbed off, and involve the industry complaints adjudicator.