Menu
BeardedBlunder
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sales badgered my 78yo mother into accepting something ...

The problem now is we can't work out what the hell it was to cancel it, or even if it affects the Broadband/TV/phone, or Mobile, or both.  Mother seems to think both.

Given the pressure she's under caring for my 89yo Dad & disabled sister, it's absolutely unforgivable for sales to be phoning her & not getting off the line instantly when she told them she hadn't time to deal with them. Then pressuring her into we've no idea what just to get rid of them so she could help Dad with the commode..

Responding to the "Thanks for your order" email stating whatever it is isn't wanted just gets bounced.

Frankly it should be illegal to alter peoples contract as a result of a cold call without requiring confirmation of the changes.

How do we revert whatever changes Mother certainly never intended to agree to?  Also stop sales badgering her? It's not the first time, wasting paper on mailshots advertising "Deals" we don't want to go in the recycling is one thing, confusing old people on the telephone is quite another.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sales badgered my 78yo mother into accepting something ...

you have 14 days to cancel but the account holder would have to do that which begs the question is the account in your mothers name - if not she should have not been able to pass security and make changes afaik - but that seems to have happened

will flag the thread to get VM to look - they should be able to tell you what has changed - what they can do from there am not sure

Tony
0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good afternoon @BeardedBlunder

thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that we can some further information, 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

BeardedBlunder
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thought I'd update this, so having Mother having made an official complaint a couple of days after this started, in which she requested things be set back how they were & whatever she'd been persuaded to "order" be cancelled, complaints replied fobbing her off with some excuse for ignoring the distance selling regulations and NOT OBEYING THE LAW.

Having now also wasted a ton of time back & forth with Zak_M (presumably to be past the 14 day time limit, regardless that a written request had already been made via complaints well within that time) he's also making excuses why actually acting on Mother's request that she use her legal right to cancel is "too hard", & requesting someone, presumably sales again, ring her & (try to) sell her something else... 

Well I guess they can try, it seems they feel they can ignore our consumer rights, however, if they do, they're likely to find we cancel what they couldn't by cancelling EVERYTHING, & going elsewhere for phone, tv, broadband, and mobile services...

Mother is livid at this point.

0 Kudos
BeardedBlunder
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Further update: The extra SIM seems to have been cancelled, but we're still showing as being on the OOMPH contract we objected to & tried immediately to exercise our legal right to cancel, with a start date in mid January (yes sorting the mess out is that slow) and a minimum term of 18 months.

Our complaint has apparently been closed, even though it was not resolved & we do not agree to the "Solution" of accepting what sales pushed Mother into appearing to agree to.

Since we apparently can't be set back on the "legacy" package we were previously on we've given details of a suitable package which is current (since it's being offered to new customers) to substitute for the old one, but zero action.

We're not even expecting the introductory pricing.. the price for "and thereafter" is just fine.

Is it really going to take moving to a SKY/BT contract and cancelling everything to get this mess sorted? Just by the way, that would be cheaper than what we've requested for near enough the same only with useable customer service, it's looking more & more tempting as this drags on. Hassle from changes of phone numbers & email addresses notwithstanding.

0 Kudos