Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

SCAM!! Been charged $35 activation fee, but not mentioned anywhere

Hi, I registered a VM broadband through www.comparethemarket.com

Which shows the screen like this

Screenshot_2021-04-27-08-28-14-339_com.android.chrome.jpg

 £28 x 18 month=£504

And no setup fee (despite my offer was £29/mth) 

Ok, I carefully click on the link to apply, throughout the process still show £0 setup fee like this:

Screenshot_2021-04-27-08-33-59-967_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2021-04-27-08-34-16-616_com.android.chrome.jpg

So I believed it is truly £0 setup fee

I ordered it on 29 Mar and requested 1 Apr to deliver, a lady from VM call me on 30 Mar to confirm my details, she said nothing about the activation fee.

The next day (31 Mar), I receive an email with my contract, showing the £35 activation fee.

I immediately call VM customer service hotline, they said my account isn't active and can't see any details, helpless.

I chat online with another CS officer same day, he said he will make a remark about my complaint on my profile, but adjustment need to make after service activated.

But now I am still charged with that fee, the latest bill shows £93, I believe it is 2mth's fee +£35 (the system show error when I click view bill in My VM app, a telecom company would be easily system error? What?)

About a week ago, I call to their CS again, the man said they can't do anything about that fee, that means every CS officer knows the fee is  there! Why did they told me they can't see anything before I active my service? They try to cover up the fee before I install, telling me it might be waive after service start, after the service start, they show their real face!!

This is a cheat, a trap, a SCAM

And you can't push the responsibility to comparethemarket.com, they're partnership with VM, and even the registration process on VM website show £0 setup fee!

I am now making a serious complaint, please respond!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: SCAM!! Been charged $35 activation fee, but not mentioned anywhere

@Annieyung 

Please don't create multiple posts for the same query, it's against forum rules and can cause confusion. I've removed the duplicate post, and moved this to the account section that will assist VM staff in responding.

Do you have a complaint ref number as yet?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Annieyung
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry about that!

I found out I post it at the TV section so I re-post it at Broadband section, thanks for moving it to the right place.

I don't have a complaint ref number yet, when I call to the CS and talks about the issue, the guy only said "we can't do anything about the activation fee" and the next phase he came up is "What else I can help you?" and want to hang up.

What a professional CS

0 Kudos
Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Annieyung,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've been facing some confusion and complications with the package and the costs for it. We'll need to take a closer look at what's going on in order to assist further.

As such, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments to request some additional details. Please respond to this at your convenience and we can proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos