Menu
JamesBe11
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SAR Request Issue

Hi,

At the point of arranging my house move and renewing my contract in November 2020, I was promised by a Virgin Media representitive on web chat that my current promotional discount would be applied for an additional 12 months. 

I was never sent a contract to sign and when I started to receive my new bills, the cost was almost DOUBLE what was promised.

I have been trying to resolve the issue for over three months. When I call, Virgin say they can't find my transcripts, when I use live chat, they can't see that day's chat (very convenient).

I submmited a SAR for all data on my account, in the hope that this would include the original transcript where I was promised an extended discount. 

My data returned today (it was late, taking longer than the legal 30 day requirement), and the only data that is included in the zip folder is one chat transcript from 2021. Tottally useless! I requested ALL data from my accounts (pre and post move).

I can't get through to anyone to resolve this issue and am at my wits end. Does anyone have advise to escalate my issue and find a resolution?

It's quite simple. I just want my chat transcript where I was promised an extended discount.

0 Kudos
apcyberax
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SAR Request Issue

If VM says they do not have that its hard for you to prove otherwise. Its the same with call recordings. Not all calls are recorded.

If you think they are not giving you all the data call you can really do it report it to the ISO.
0 Kudos
JamesBe11
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SAR Request Issue

Thanks apcyberax.

What I think might have happened is that VM have only sent me data on my new account (new house). But I need data on my old account (old house), because that's when i would have agreed the new contract.

I did ask a sales rep on live chat whether both account's data would be combined in my SAR and she confirmed. Obviously not.

I have submitted a second SAR specfically asking for my old address' data. In the meantime I guess I'll continue to pay extortionate monthly rates. 

0 Kudos