cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ruined credit score by incorrect information already resolved by Virgin Media

TaraNatalie
Joining in

I am totally appalled to have found out that Virgin has incorrectly and entirely unfairly logged a missed payment on my credit file which has seriously affected my credit score. I am in the process of buying a first home and this is causing significant problems and subsequently severe stress and anxiety. 

I have used Virgin Media for the last three years, and have NEVER missed a payment. I have had a direct debit set up the entire time and ALWAYS have money in my account. On 2 August I received a text from Virgin to say that due to a missed payment my services would be suspended. If you check your records you will see that I immediately called up to investigate this as I was entirely unaware and, as mentioned, could not explain this at all because I have a direct debit and money in my account. Of course I do not check each month to see if payments have been made because payments are made automatically out of my account. The payment was simply not taken. I paid immediately (again, check your records). The payment shows in my bank account as coming out on 3 August ie the next day. The missed payment is marked on my credit file as 7 August. Why? I was assured on the phone that this has been corrected yet Virgin has still gone ahead and placed a missed payment on my record. There is no benefit to Virgin in this whatsoever but there is serious detriment to me. 

I am utterly appalled and incredibly stressed by the fact that what was clearly an administrative error has ruined my otherwise perfect credit score. This is entirely disproportionate and I need this to be corrected urgently. I am so incredibly disappointed by Virgin’s actions. I can see on this forum this has been an issue for a number of people. For such a reputable company to take such reckless actions with serious consequences is unacceptable. 

Please come back to me with utmost urgency as to how you intend to resolve this and in any event within no more than 24 hours. 

Tara

2 REPLIES 2

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TaraNatalie,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We're sorry to hear what has happened with your credit score due to a missed payment.

We would like to investigate this further for you. I am going to pop you over a private message to take some details from you, please click on the purple at the top of the page to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi TaraNatalie,

Thanks for the private message. I have now responded privately with the outcome for you.

If you have any further issues or queries, please pop back here and we will assist as much as possible.

Kind regards Jodi.