Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Ruined credit rating for mortgage

I have been informed there has been 4 missed payments on my account however my account has been closed.

I had spoken to a member at Virgin media and have been advised to contact this team for further action.

The team memeber stated my account was part closed and not completely disconnected which is why it had flagged up with repayment errors.

This has now affected my credit rating serverly and as I am in the process of getting a mortgage it’s very important that my credit rating is not affected by this.

I can confirm the outstanding £25.46 has now been paid correctly. 

Could I please kindly ask you to remove the missed payments date as I had no correspondence informing me of this. Had I received any emails or correspondence I would have made the payment earlier.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ruined credit rating for mortgage

This cannot be dealt with here. The Forum Team do have the means of confirming your identity or liaising with the credit team. You will need to contact them:

creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

Just shows what can happen if payments are missed, even small ones. VM do not treat skipped payments lightly.

The defaults will still stay on your credit file for six years unless VM agree to remove them. They may note the fact that the default has been satisfied.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos