Menu
katzz_135
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Router Return

Hi,

On 18.03.2020 we left the country. A month before that, I reported it to Virgin and I was promised to be provided with a return kit. I completely forgot about that and a day before moving out I have noticed we still didn't get the kit. I called Virgin but the delivery was possible on the next day which was too late for us. I have requested for the kit to be sent to my friend. but I tried to return the router on the same day in the local collect plus store with no success (have no barcode). the packed router delivered to my friend and asked her to return it on my behalf. it's been a week now. the kit has been delivered neither to my previous home address (landlord checked) nor to my friend. I received a text message from virgin asking if my home address is correct to deliver the package, or if not - to provide a new address and I did that (a week ago). No return envelope still delivered to neither of the addresses. I'm currently on the line waiting for any virgin advisor as for the last 3 days I couldn't get in touch with anyone (over an hour waiting each time).

I don't want to be charged by Virgin because I didn't return the router. I tried every possibility to get in touch with the company. This is my last resort. I was hoping to order it online as some virgin advisor provided a link to Return service but I can't see anywhere how to get the kit.

For now, we are abroad, the router is with my friend in the UK, I can't get in touch with virgin.

Any idea how to sort this out?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Karl_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Router Return

Hi I'm karl a service tech for virginmedia.  I wouldn't worry aslong as you have the hub they will not charge you. With everything that is going on with the Corona virus non off the collection agents are in. Soon as they are in they will contact you.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

crimsom
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Return

We had a Virgin Media Super Hub 2 and wanted to know what to do with it. Virgin Media have a "Return or recycle your kit" web page, Here. Virgin Media say throw the Super Hub 2 away, Here. Consequently we do not expect Virgin Media to impose a "did not return equipment" penalty. Hope this helps. Kind regards. 

0 Kudos