Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Router Return package not arrived - Will get I charged for not being able to return the kit?

I terminated a contract with VM a while ago ago and I got an email from VM saying 'Your prepaid equipment returns packaging is winging its way to you' about 3 weeks ago. Yet it never arrived. I requested again and it hasn't arrived yet.

When I cancelled the contract (explaining I am going to leave the country) last month. I was assured I won't be charged and the prepaid kit will be delivered soon. 

If Virgin Media failed to deliver the kit, will I be still charged for extra month for nothing? I feel extremely fair if this is the case as I prepared to terminate a contract and ready to send the kit back to VM for weeks now.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Return package not arrived - Will get I charged for not being able to return the kit?

Hi KKita, 

thank you for your post 🙂

I am sorry to hear this, our texts are sent preemptively sometimes, our packaging is sent out on the day of disconnection, how long has it been since your disconnection?

Thanks

Zoie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router Return package not arrived - Will get I charged for not being able to return the kit?

I requested to return the kit as I am leaving a country in the end of October. The disconnection was set for 21 Nov (I can see my Virgin Media page ' You're not with Virgin Media anymore'

I specifically requested to send the returning kit early as I am leaving the country. I have got an email on 4th of Nov saying the kit is on the way to my old address. But it never arrived. I now moved to a temporary flat with the kit and I requested to send me a kit again and it has not arrived either.

I am concerned I will be charged for Virgin media failing to deliver the return kit on time. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

have no fear they will certainly charge you - the systems dont talk to each other and are a mess but creating bills is the most efficient

this was posted on a thread some time ago - https://www.collectplus.yodel.co.uk/virgin

if you use it make sure you keep all paperwork and put your details and old account number in the package

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi KKita,

Did you inform VM of your temporary address so they could sent the return there?

You can request another returns kit, along with the address you want it sending to via this link /request-returns-pack 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

>>  I am sorry to hear this, our texts are sent preemptively sometimes, our packaging is sent out on the day of disconnection, how long has it been since your disconnection?

That's not what I was explained when I called. I explained I am leaving a country and how possibly they arrange to send the package on the day which the disconnection happens? I have already moved out from the place and no way to collect the kit.

0 Kudos