Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Rollout in Rogerstone

Hi,

I live in Great Oaks Park, Rogerstone, Newport. In 2017 you rolled out Cable broadband in Afon Village and then further down the valley into Risca. Unfortunately you went straight past our large estate back then. 

I and a number of others had registered on cablemystreet, but we didn't get cabled up. Is there any plan to come to our estate as I would like to take advantage of faster broadband that you offer compared to the competition?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Rollout in Rogerstone

Hi sanj01

I used to live near Stow Hill - We had VM there and it was good but nothing special. For me in the early days I used to just have FTTC as it was more stable. But they did a big upgrade. You can only get FTTC on RHIWDERIN exchange but I believe there is going to be some BT FTTP coming to a few exchanges in Newport area, Somerton, My old exchange Newport Savoy and 6 others, but I forget what they are - if I can find out again I will come back and let you know

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning sanj01,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to see we've not been able to get you cabled up as of yet.

I'm going to drop you a private message, which you'll see via the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen for further information

Kindest regards.

David_Bn 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello David,

I too live in Great Oaks Park and am really interested in returning to virgin media cable.

Is there a plan to cable our estate? Your reply was a personal message to the original poster so I don't have visibility on it.

Hope you can help.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi skip1,

I'm the recipient of the message. The contents of it were "

Good Morning Sanj01,

Thanks for your response.

I'm sorry to say that the E-Mail address that I would usually contact regarding this matter it would seem has been deleted and ultimately I cannot pass this onto the team for a time frame."

I've not chased it as it looks to me as Virgin media aren't really interested in our estate.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sanj01,

Thanks for the reply. Shame they are not thinking of our estate. I'm getting a a speed of around 45MB here - less than half of what I was getting before I moved to Great Oaks Park.

I've registered my interest with www.openreach.com/fibre=broadband . I'm not holding out too much hope though...

I think Jubilee Park have FTTP !  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Skip1,

I'm hoping this may help if a member of the Forum Team doesn't pick this up for you.

If the property you are wanting the VM connection in is a new build development, then the National Home Builders team should be able to check that for you on 08000737100.

There is also the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 who may be able to double check if VM is available at your property.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The estate has been around for at least 18 years. The main road past the estate was dug up and virgin media went straight past and installed FTTP in jubilee park and further down the valley. Ive asked repeatedly over the last few years with the same response of "register your interest" which I have done a long time ago.

Will have to stick with the competitors.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

If you use the ofcom checker at checker.ofcom.org.uk/broadband-coverage you can see that ultrafast broadband has been provided to pretty much the whole of our valley other than our estate and a part of mount pleasant estate.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies.

Just realised the link I posted above doesn't work.

Hopefully this one will - you may need to scroll down to 'register your interest'

https://www.openreach.com/fibre-broadband/fibre-for-home

Skip

0 Kudos