cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roll back contract

Jonmal
On our wavelength

I called customer service today to get my free trial of Sky Sports UHD activated. I have one month to go on my contract. I was handled by an agent I could barely understand and ended up being bounced into a new 18 month contract with items I don't want. (Netflix, international phone calls etc.). My question is, can I ask for my old contract to be restored and how do I do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

Like any other ‘distance selling’ contracts, you have a statutory 14 day period during which you can demand that you be converted back to your ‘old’ contract. Call customer Services back and request this, see how it goes.

Now there is a non-zero chance that your request/demand will be completely ignored, you being told that it isn't possible (rubbish), etc.

Luckily the law is entirely on your side here, so call VM tomorrow and make notes of everything you ask for, what was said, what actually happened. Ideally, and, to be fair, most likely, it’ll be sorted out properly over the phone, otherwise now you have posted on here, a member of the forum team, who are VM employees, will step in once they get to this thread and offer to help. Ultimately, of course, if nothing happens then it’s a case of making a formal complaint with the inevitable escalation to the Ombudsman Service who can order VM to make it right, the industry regulators really, don’t like companies ignoring the Law or the Codes of Conduct that they have signed up to.

Still, most of the above is the ‘nuclear option’ in the unlikely event that VM decide to play hardball, which probably won't happen, but just in case.....

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

VMUser1812
Fibre optic

Like any other ‘distance selling’ contracts, you have a statutory 14 day period during which you can demand that you be converted back to your ‘old’ contract. Call customer Services back and request this, see how it goes.

Now there is a non-zero chance that your request/demand will be completely ignored, you being told that it isn't possible (rubbish), etc.

Luckily the law is entirely on your side here, so call VM tomorrow and make notes of everything you ask for, what was said, what actually happened. Ideally, and, to be fair, most likely, it’ll be sorted out properly over the phone, otherwise now you have posted on here, a member of the forum team, who are VM employees, will step in once they get to this thread and offer to help. Ultimately, of course, if nothing happens then it’s a case of making a formal complaint with the inevitable escalation to the Ombudsman Service who can order VM to make it right, the industry regulators really, don’t like companies ignoring the Law or the Codes of Conduct that they have signed up to.

Still, most of the above is the ‘nuclear option’ in the unlikely event that VM decide to play hardball, which probably won't happen, but just in case.....

spell
Knows their stuff

Better still record the call - there are free apps that do the job nicely

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jonmal thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media Community Forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are facing with the change over to the UHD channels.
I will assist you on this and look in to the matter for you, I will send a private message.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @Jonmal on the forums. 👋🏼

I'm glad we have been able to assist  by removing the contract.
If you need anything else - give us a shout and we'll assist.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @Jonmal on the Virgin Media Forums.

I'm glad we have managed to resolve everything and also assist on the final request made a few days ago.
As advised - reach out to us if you need anything and we'll assist where we can.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Jonmal
On our wavelength

Thanks . One of the VM community team has been helping me and says it is sorted. I'm holding my breath until I see that feed through on my payment next month. Incredible - all I wanted was their free trial and ended up with this carry on! I've gone off the idea of Sky sports UHD now...

Thanks for the reply @Jonmal on the forums.

As discussed in our chat, we've corrected everything that is needed.
Let us know how everything goes with next months bill and we can go on from there.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Jonmal
On our wavelength

Well I've got "next month's bill" and it is wrong. Nothing has been corrected and I'm being overcharged and shown to have made changes to my package and a new monthly fee!! I've sent you a PM

We are so sorry to hear that this issue is still occurring @Jonmal 

Please do chat with our agent via the PM and they will do all they can to help.