Menu
Anne1966
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Rise in bill

Hi 

My bill has gone up by 3.50. I know this doesn't sound a lot but with netflix on top it soon mounts up 

0 Kudos
DrawnClaws
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rise in bill

Hi Anne

I received an email saying "We know a price rise is never welcome, but we’re constantly investing in our network and to help us continue this work, the price of your package will go up by £3.50 a month from 1st March."

I looked at

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/PriceChange2020/Broadband-OUT

where I read "If you currently enjoy a fixed price offer each month, your price won’t be affected until the offer ends."

So I opened my My Virgin Media page and navigated to my very first bill.  Still with me?  Under "Your package" I found "Bundle Charges" and "Promotions & discounts" and just below this I saw:

"Welcome Offer - 18 Month Saving Ends on 1 December 2021"

Now does this mean I have a 'fixed price offer'?  Don't know!

Your best bet is to dial 150 on your Virgin Media phone or better still hope someone like Katie_WT from the forum team responds.  She is a lovely lady to whom I will forever be grateful for some earlier help (Whistles a Happy Tune).

Best Regards

DrawnClaws

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Anne1966,

Changing prices is never an easy decision, which is why, unlike other providers, this is our first cable price change in 18 months.  Over the last year our customers have been using their services more than ever, and data use on our network has increased by up to 95%.  We need to continue investing in our network to meet this demand and ensure our broadband service continues to deliver the fastest widely-available speeds in the UK. We’re investing more than £1bn in our network – helping to improve performance and reliability for our customers.
Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period.  If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March.

We will advise you in your communication how the price change will affect your deal.
Thanks,

Megan_L

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi DrawnClaws

Any discount that you’ve been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured – so if you accepted a fixed price then you’ll receive that until the end of the discount period.  If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from the 1st March.

We will advise you in your communication how the price change will affect your deal

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
DrawnClaws
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS

Thanks for your reply but ! come on !  That is the exact standard copy and paste answer that Megan_L has used.  I write because the opaque ambiguity still confuses me.  I need to resolve that.

If my email from Rachel Barrass, Director of Customer Service, is 100% accurate (and I am askig here for someone to fully check the past IT tickets and events and advise me) and "Your bill will (indeed) go up by £3.50 a month from 1st March" then I have three options:  Accept, Resolve or Walk!

I continue to remember with great gratitude how helpful the Forum Team were:  Day by day and hour by hour during a horrendous first six months of my contract with Virgin Media.  It took what seems hundreds of Private Messages and raised IT Tickets (also my time) to correct the mess.  A diabolic experience for a novice new Virgin Media customer.  I endured it all with gratitude (acknowledging the current difficult working conditions) good grace and humour.

I continue to enjoy and appreciate just how good and reliable is cable Virgin Media broadband.

However I do stand by what I said earlier.  Accept, Resolve or Walk in a pre-planned direction.

My email (Rachel Barrass, Director of Customer Service) advises "Your bill will go up by £3.50 a month from 1st March"  I would respectfully suggest that that is not right.  To me the Contract accepted by both parties (Your Virgin Media Order - Date: 19 May 2020 at 13:32:36 BST) was at a clear 'fixed price' for the duration.

I know I could conduct this discussion by dialing 150 (I would speak to a random person who may or may not cotton on).

I prefer to use the Forum Team (I have said how helpful Forum Staff were previously with the Dire Mess in billing - now sorted - but about to resurect) and I prefer that to be by Private Message rather than in the public forum.

Best Regards

DrawnClaws

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

We're not able to package changes as much as I appreciate what's happened previously.

If you do not wish to phone, all our contact methods can be found here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill