Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Rip off vulnerable customers

So, I had negotiated a good saving for my elderly parents in law whilst maintaining their current package.......... or so I thought.

just found out they have been charged nearly £100 of call charges in 2 months as they keep in touch during lockdown and now also forced to pay £2 extra pm for paper billing even though this was previously discounted and they don’t have broadband or email.

When investigating further it turns out when the package was set up on new price they did not include the multi talk 1000 they previously had even though it was clear nothing had to change.

to make matters worse when I asked for a refund I was told we were informed on the call and in writing we were loosing that even though neither happened.

safe today a complaint has been raised.

what chance have the rest of us got if this is how the elderly and vulnerable are treated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rip off vulnerable customers

Exercise your / their right of access to data under the GDPR to request all information related to the new contract, for example agent notes,  audio recordings, etc). To do this email dpo@virginmedia.co.uk; see Our privacy policy and your data — How can I get in touch with you?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, I will give that a try if I don’t hear anything positive soon

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi jrm01, thanks for posting.

I am really sorry to hear of the issue you've reported. I'd like to look into this further.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you @Lee_R for your help in getting this sorted

i have one happy father in law again 😁

0 Kudos