cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rip off prices

paolo2
Tuning in
  • I've been searching for better deals . I have found 2 so far . One is £35 and the other £42 for the same speed broadband and landline deal. So why am I being charged £71 for broadband and landline ,it's a ripoff .
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I agree with japitts here.

There is no rip-off, just contractual charges.

The declined new contract reverts to the previous contract which requires thirty days notice (and payment) of cancellation.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@paolo2 wrote:
  • I've been searching for better deals . I have found 2 so far . One is £35 and the other £42 for the same speed broadband and landline deal. So why am I being charged £71 for broadband and landline ,it's a ripoff .

Are you viewing the prices for new customers?

VM will try to extract as much money as it can from each individual customer on an individual basis. They do this by requiring you to haggle for your own individual price/deal when your renewal is due.

This can result in different customers paying wildly different prices for the same services.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Without more detail about those prices, they're fairly meaningless.

But if you're comparing prices for your combination of services from other suppliers, you're halfway to a fruitful negotiation with VM for your next minimum term.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

The £35 will be £27 for the first 25 months.And the £42 will be £34 for the first 18 months. So I was viewing what the price would be after the promotion contract finished ,and yet it is still cheaper . Sorry I'm not gonna give details of companies . I wanted to show virgin ,that deals are far more cheaper .

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@paolo2 wrote:

The £35 will be £27 for the first 25 months.And the £42 will be £34 for the first 18 months. So I was viewing what the price would be after the promotion contract finished ,and yet it is still cheaper . Sorry I'm not gonna give details of companies . I wanted to show virgin ,that deals are far more cheaper .

If you have found better pricing, for the same services as you get from VM, then the answer would seem obvious to move to a new provider.

Hi paolo2, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're unhappy with your package and the price you pay currently. 

We're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget - this doesn't always mean a downgrade! If you want to chat with us, please feel free to call on 150 / 03454541111 or you can contact us through WhatsApp on 07305327112. Replies aren't instant and can take a few hours but it allows you to get on with your day whilst waiting for a reply. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi 

The problem started when my contract was expiring,I then went to cancel movies and sports channels ,but then given another deal .So instead of £99 I was given a deal for £110.With a 14 day cooling off period. I knew even then I wasn't interested as we hardly watch TV. So within 6 days I tried to cancel this ,it took 2 days ,but eventually got it cancelled and the V6 arranged for collection. But then I received my bill for £152 instead of the £99 . That's why I'm saying it's a rip-off,and now looking at other deals elsewhere.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Until your services are disconnected, your account remains live and billing continues. 

If you've rescinded a retentions offer, your package will have reverted to whatever you had before but without the time-limited discounts.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I agree with japitts here.

There is no rip-off, just contractual charges.

The declined new contract reverts to the previous contract which requires thirty days notice (and payment) of cancellation.

Hi paolo2, 

We are sorry to hear that you decided to change your mind. 

As mentioned by our VIP's, when you working your notice, the billing continues as normal. The first bill after a change is usually a little different as you pay for the month in advance plus pro rata for the time you were billed on the old package but receiving the new package. 

It can be quite confusing to understand it but we're always happy to break things down. You can view the breakdown of charges through My VM too. 

Once your services do disconnection, any time you've been billed for after your disconnection date will be adjusted on the account. 

We wish you the best moving forward with your new provider. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs