cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning kit problems

jmay
Joining in

I had a message about collecting my kit. None of the dates for collection were acceptable. I sent a message and was advised on the 2nd Feb, that packaging would be sent out to me to return myself by collect+. I have today 11th feb had the same original email we need to collect your kit. It appears that returning kit is as ridiculous as it was in getting to leave virgin. 

Can anyone advise how I can get packaging sent out to me to return kit, or do I need to go down the complaints route yet again, to get anything done correctly.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey jmay, thanks for reaching out on our help forum about your issues and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear of the issues faced with your equipment collection and return kit, we'd like to advise this is automated communication you're receiving from our system as it currently reads there's some equipment pending to receive.

We appreciate the inconvenience this may have caused though, if you wish to receive a return kit and post the equipment back to us you can do this online here.
Let us know if you need more help, we're here to assist.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks I will do that. But why have a messaging service that allows you to contact them. For them to say we will post  return packaging out to you for you to return kit  yourself, then don't do it and you have to chase it up.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply jmay. 

We apologise for this experience, this is not what we would expect to happen and we will ensure feedback is passed on to the relevant team. 

Have you been able to order the package for the return?

Nat

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

jmay: Don't hope for too much - a returns kit is essentially a garden rubbish sack and a post paid returns label for Collect+ (Yodel).  My suggestion to improve this has been ignored.

Make sure you get a receipt when you hand it over to the Collect+ shop, as in the unlikely event that Yodel do lose the hub, your responsibility stopped when you handed it over.   To be fair I've just got an email confirmation from VM that my hub's been received back, so the process generally works.

And that "generally works" point is perhaps the problem - I got returns bag without any difficulty at all, you are one of a number of people who report that they haven't got one, sometimes after multiple requests.  The Yodel returns likewise, they work most of the time for most people, but for a few it goes wrong and VM expect customers to prove they've dispatched the hub.  The same "generally works" seems to be a design principle for Virgin Media, as it applies to new installations, cable re-pulls, customer support, setting up contracts, house moves, billing, replacing hubs, email services, wifi etc.  The one area where "generally works" doesn't apply is complaint handling - that seems universally and intentionally poor.

Maybe this offers a new tagline for VM? 

Welcome to Virgin Media!

Where stuff generally works!

Except when it doesn't, and then you're ggubered