Menu
georgina_white1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Returning equipment

I cancelled my service in December 2020, was cut off in January 2021. Since then, I have requested 3 times to have packaging delivered so I can return my equipment.

I do not want to be charged if I recycle the equipment at the tip, but I really just want rid of it.

I've had endless phone calls and texts with bots and am totally fed up.

Is there any way a returns address label could be emailed to me, so that I don't have to keep waiting for this packaging to not arrive, despite my numerous requests.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returning equipment

Have you tried requesting one online? virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack 

The following link shows the items to return virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @georgina_white1

Welcome to the forums and thanks for your first post, we're happy to have you with us. 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear this, I can appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. I've managed to locate your account and I can see this has been sent out to you and should have arrived in 5-7 days. Have you not received this? 

I apologise, we do not send returns labels over email. Have you requested this online as suggested by @newapollo?

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
georgina_white1
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Sofia,

Thanks for your reply.

I have already requested it again via the form that apollo suggested. 

I’ll see if it comes this time.

If (like the last three times I’ve made the request for packaging) it doesn’t arrive in 5-7 days, can I then be sent a label in an email, please? I have a cardboard box I can use to send the equipment back in. I honestly have spent so much time over the last few months trying to sort this out. A conservative estimate I would say at least 10 hours of texting with bots or waiting on hold, and I am simply sick to the back teeth of all this.

Georgina

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the quick reply @georgina_white1.

So sorry about that, please request the package via the online form and if this does not arrive I'll happily escalate this for you over PM. 

Please keep me updated on this. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
georgina_white1
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sofia,

Thanks for your reply and offering to escalate if following your advice doesn’t work. 

I filled in that form earlier today. If the packaging fails to arrive in 5-7 days- as has happened with my last 3 requests- I will be in touch again.

Expect to hear from me on the 18th.

best wishes,

Georgina

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's very strange the package hasn't arrived, so sorry about that @georgina_white1.

As you have done this multiple times already, I'll send you a PM now double check some things with you. 

Please look out for a notification in the purple envelope located in the top right hand corner of your screen. 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Sofia_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Glad we were able to get this resolved for you @georgina_white1.

If you have any further issues, please pop another post on this thread and we'll happily assist. 🙂 

Thanks,

Sofia
Forum Team

0 Kudos
georgina_white1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Sofia for your help resolving this matter. 
For info for others in a similar situation, apparently “The only equipment that requires a return is the Hub 3/4, Virgin V6 box or any boosters / Wi-Fi pods.” so if you have older equipment like me you can just take it to the recycling centre/ tip. 
Georgina

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@georgina_white1 wrote:

“The only equipment that requires a return is the Hub 3/4, Virgin V6 box or any boosters / Wi-Fi pods.” so if you have older equipment like me you can just take it to the recycling centre/ tip. 
Georgina

Hi again Georgina,

I'm pleased you've got it sorted now

I'd already indicated that with the link in my original post to you 🙂 return-or-recycle-equipment 

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos