Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Returning equipment

Okay, so I've informed VM I'm leaving, and I'm due to move home next week.

I'm on the phone right now (dialed 150), having been bounced between multiple departments, and so far I'm in the call queue for around 30 minutes wondering if they've forgotten about me.

All I've tried to do is to ask for VM to send me the box that you put the equipment in. It's not a hard request, I don't think I'm asking for something complicated, but for whatever reason, I'm stuck in the call queue after having spoken multiple times to the customer support staff member.

Can someone please just send me the cardboard box before I lose the will to live and make an appointment with Dignitas?!? Why is this so hard?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Returning equipment

You can fill in the form online here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/request-returns-pack
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator

what equiptment do you have. some older hardware VM will not want back

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ben. As luck would have it, the CSR somehow managed to disconnect my phone call after 30 minutes. Your reply here has saved me a lot of time, so I appreciate that very much. Thank you kindly.

KR

Rob

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Its all newish I would say; we only took out a new contract less than a year ago, and the equipment is new, so I guess it would be current?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi roberto_maietta, I am sorry to hear about the packaging issues, you will be able to order the packaging here. Please let us know if you have any issues? Chris

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Why, oh why...

Okay, so today I received the package from VM for returns, which was great.

Except, on my account, VM knows I have an extra box for a second room, and the packaging sent only suits the first box plus the hub.

How on earth do I get the second box back to VM?????

And, to top it all off, this comes on top of issues with my connection dropping out - repeatedly over the last few days; ( help desk reference number I think, is ID: F008598203. At least, this is the information that was sent to my mobile number when I couldn't get through to a person and had to follow the bouncing ball on the help desk number).

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hey @roberto_maietta,

Sorry that the team haven't sent out the correct amount of packaging to be able to return all of your equipment. Have you been able to request the extra packaging as my colleague suggested above?

The fault issue F008598203 has now been resolved, please could you give your hub a quick reboot and see if that helps with the issues that you're having at the moment. Please let me know if you this has any affect on your connection.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi Steven,

Thanks for coming back to me.

This interaction on this forum is my 4th attempt (thi sbeing my second forum attempt, and 2 phone call attempts, but not counting the 2 phone calls where I was disconnected after waiting around 30 minutes in the call queue; it's not fair to call that an attempt from VM if they never got the chance to speak to me about it; by the same token, as a customer, getting disconnected after waiting in the call queue is not helpful to me either).

At the end of the day, what I'm after is pretty simple; I just want to return the kit I have. What I don't understand is, why is it so hard to actually speak to a human being (can't get through the help desk system efficiently), or, when I use a web form, why do they not send the right packaging?

Anyway, I now have to wait however long until the packaging arrives, and I have removalists booked to get to my house on Monday, and I am supposed to jump in the car and drive to my new place overseas; luckily I haven't booked the ferry yet... Am I supposed to wait in an empty house for a delivery for who knows how many days? Now what do I do...??? I feel like this is a complete palava.

Thx,

Rob

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I apologise for the delays in trying to speak to our agents, it is taking a lot longer at the moment to get through to our teams and the average wait time for our busier periods can be up to an hour to speak to an agent.

I have asked one of our area managers, if they can arrange for the equipment to be picked up, as you cannot wait for this to be sent out to you again. I will be back in touch or the area manager will once there is an update.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos