cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Returning customer- can't register with old email address

superstaff79
Joining in

Hi, I've just returned to Virgin Media but I can't register for My Virgin Media with my email address, as it's 'already in use'. Can anyone tell me if I can reset or wipe my old account, or how to deregister my email from the old account?

Many thanks

79 REPLIES 79

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @chrismh

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thanks for posting in this topic, I'm sorry to hear you are also unable to register with your old email address. I will send you a private message now to obtain the details required and get them merged. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right hand corner and get back to me when you can!

Best wishes,

Serena

Hi Serena,

I am having the same issue as well.

Thanks

I wouldnt hold out much hope, a month on and mine is still unaccessable.  Surely VM are breaking GDPR retaining customer information for over 4 years after they left? I've asked the question but can't seem to get a reasoned answer.  To me, this is a simple fix, VM wipe their database of my email and then I reregister, this is not rocket sceince and I don't see why I should I have to use an alternate email address, I have an email address and will stick with that thanks.

If someone from the VM team can escalate this please before I decide to move on, I will not be held ransom to retaining an account I cannot access online.

Thanks

Hello LukeGompertz, thank you for your post and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you are having issues signing up  MY VM with the same email address. 

Please can you let me know how long ago was it did leave Virgin  before re-join or have you recently moved house? 

We can get this looked into for you. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks for the reply. I previously had an account with virgin media for a tenancy between June 2017 and 2018, closing the account at the end of that. I am now having this issue after getting virgin media broadband again starting 17/05/2022.

Hope that helps.

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @superstaff79

Thank you for your query.

If you previously had an account where your current email address was being used as a username to access it, then it's possible that our system recognizes that and won't allow you to make use of it and create a new account using it.

Not to worry though, as there are ways to work things around and solve this problem. 🙂

Can you please advise the exact error you are getting once you try registering with your email and also provide a screenshot of this if possible? 

Make sure you avoid to share your personal info along with it, please in this instance.

In addition to that, you may try logging in with your email as an existing user instead (try resetting your password if you can't remember what it was) and see if that works for you. 

Let us know what you get from there and we will proceed based on your feedback. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hi @Katie_WT,

I'm not sure if you meant to respond to me or not but just in case, this is the message I see when I attempt to sign up:

LukeGompertz_1-1653059021640.png

I am not able to log in with this email address either, since the account was closed.

Thanks.

dan_townshend91
Joining in

Hi, 

I have the same issue. I previously had virgin media but had to cancel when I moved just over a year ago. 
I am now awaiting installation in my new house but can not register as it says my account has been closed 

Thanks,

Dan

Hi there @LukeGompertz, apologies for the confusion there. 

It seems like we may need to refer this to out IT team to get this updated for you. To do this I'll send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Hi there @LukeGompertz, thanks for chatting with me via PM.

As advised this issue is now with the support team and they will aim to have this resolved asap.

If you need anything further in the meantime please let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules