Menu
wdm1970
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Returning Equipment

Hi,

I'm leaving the UK after this weekend and I closed my account last week. I was told I would receive a parcel to post back the equipment, but nothing has arrived yet. Could someone make sure I get a return pack as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Walter

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returning Equipment

In the interim until staff respond on here, you can request a returns pack on https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment/returns 

There is mention on that page, of a 10day period from disconnection to querying the non-arrival of the packaging.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
wdm1970
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Then I just hope I have it on Monday, the next day I leave the UK and don't come back. Nor is there anyone else who can do this for me. Reading in this community it often happens that the return package is not delivered on time. I'll wait and see.

Walter

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @wdm1970,

Welcome to our community forum and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have not yet received your returns packaging. We can understand the concern caused and want to do our best to help. Just to confirm have you tried the link given by @japitts? Also what equipment are you trying to return?

Please get back to me when you can.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My guess would be it lands somewhere in complaints-land.

It's certainly not a fault-reporting email, that's for definite.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
wdm1970
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Akua_A

My concern is that I will not receive the return package on time. Canceled my account last week (called) stating my move date. I have again requested a return package via the mentioned link (japitts). As mentioned I am moving from the UK back to my home country and will not return after that. I want everything to be in order before I move.

And no, it's not a fault-reporting email, but you have to select a topic/board so I chose this one.

In any case, it concerns the Hub 3, which I had to send back. I also have a TiVo box but it doesn't need to be returned, which I find strange.

Walter

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to us, Walter.

Is there anyone staying in the current property who can return it for you? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
wdm1970
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

John_GS

The apartment where I live is paid for by my employer. My new colleague will live in this apartment, this will not happen until August/September. I would like to have everything settled before I leave the UK myself.

Walter

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me

I'll send you a PM to get your address details etc and contact the field team to see if there's a way we can do this any sooner. No guarantees etc

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @wdm1970

Thanks for joining me on PM.

I've reached out to the field team for further guidance with this and will be in touch soon.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos