forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Bordersquirrel
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Returning Equipment Following a Move

No idea if anyone from CS reads these, but let's give it a shot. I've moved abroad and, when asked, returned my SuperHub3.0 via post. I called up to query about the V6 TiVo box and, after being on hold for well over 2 hours, was told there was no way to return it by post. Fair enough.

Fast forward a month and I'm in Australia, our house has new owners, and the TiVo box is either in a shipping container on the way to Sydney or at a recycling centre where the house clearance folks took it. We have new owners in the house and everything is looking great...

NOW VM are emailing my wife telling us they're sending someone round to collect the kit. I mean, I'm pretty sure I explained this to them in great detail at the time, and was told there was no way to return the box, but still. The last thing I want is someone rocking up at the house and harassing the new owners.

I've been waiting for a chat session for about an hour and I've just been disconnected after holding on the phone for over 90 minutes, the email is from a NoReply address (although it says "reply to this email" in the body) and I'm kind of out of ideas.

I can see you can get a V6 box on eBay for 20 quid or so...happy to Paypal that over to someone? Anyone got any ideas what else I can try?

---
Virgin Media VIVID 200 Optical Fibre
London (Area 21)
My Broadband Speed Test

My Broadband Ping - My Home VM Connection
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Returning Equipment Following a Move

I've moved your post to the account section that's more likely to get a staff response.

In the meantime, and more for reference than anything...

You can request returns packs for V6 boxes here - according to current price guide a non-returned V6 can be £100

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Bordersquirrel
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returning Equipment Following a Move

That’s actually really useful. I wish I’d asked here the first time! It’ll be interesting, I suppose. If they want some money for the box, I could probably deal with that. If they want to charge me “reasonable costs” for someone visiting my house after I told them I was moving out, that’s not cool.

I loved the service, but it has to be said that the support is...inconsistent.

Let’s see what happens...

---
Virgin Media VIVID 200 Optical Fibre
London (Area 21)
My Broadband Speed Test

My Broadband Ping - My Home VM Connection
0 Kudos