Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Returned my kit, Virgin says not received

I recently downgraded to a broadband only package, so packed up my TiVO and remote in the official returns packaging and dropped it off at my local Collect+ (Tesco Express). That was about two weeks ago (maybe more).

Now I'm getting emails from VM saying they don't have the returned kit. To my knowledge I wasn't given a receipt or anything from the Tesco guy.

What to do?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returned my kit, Virgin says not received

This may not be a quick fix, but write and ask VM for the Collect Plus label reference.  If they can't provide it, then they've probably got no evidence that they sent you the reply paid label in the first place, and the basis of any legal claim against you is starting to evaporate  If they provide you with that, contact Collect Plus and ask them what happened.  You may have to go round the houses of asking VM for approval to contact THEIR contractor, and one or both parties may refuse.  But if that's the case, then they're still undermining their case.

If there's a problem, then you'll need to pay the "unreturned kit" fee in order to avoid a credit default on your credit history file, but if it gets to that you should initiate a formal complaint under VM's Consumer Complaints Code of Practice, seeking a refund of the fee and compensation for stress and inconvenience.   If they still won't budge, then eight weeks after your initial complaint you can try your luck escalating to CISAS the industry arbitration scheme.  Published data shows that the odds are massively in your favour.

As always, the quickest, easiest and best value fix for all parties is for the forum staff to intervene and sort this out.  They're usually very good in this respect.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi brandburner,

Thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to the community.

When was the last time you had received an email from us stating that we hadn't received the equipment?

Did you happen to provide your email address to Tesco when you went to return the equipment to us? As I'm thinking there may be a possibility that you received an email confirmation perhaps? As you should have received a paper receipt once they processed the return.

If this is the case, we can take the tracking number and track the parcel for you to see where it's at.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the welcome, Beth!

The latest email was today. I don't have an email receipt and to my knowledge wasn't given one when the Tesco sales assistant scanned it in.

The branch was Tesco Express 211-221 Oxford Rd, Reading RG1 7PX and I dropped it off Saturday August 1st.

Does that help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey brandburner,

Thanks for coming back to me.

Sadly, we are only able to track equipment returns with the tracking reference and we cannot search track the package using any other information.

Not to worry though -  I will pop you over a private message so I can take a closer look into this for you and take some account details 🙂

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Beth

0 Kudos