Menu
Auntlucy
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Return Equipment

Please can somebody from Virgin media help me.

I was sent a Hub 4  after being sent a free upgrade offer  by email..  I have set it up and it works perfectly, much better than my original that was several years old.  In the box was a form which said  "Please Recycle your old Kit" I have subsequently received an email and text message telling me to send it back by following the instructions in the pack.  The only instructions I received was to recycle it.    If you want it, as I haven't recycled as yet, please send me the instructions etc to return it.

I cannot sit and wait any longer for VirginMedia CS to answer the phone.  Therefore If you want it please contact me.

Susan

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Return Equipment

Recycling or returns info. is here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-return-or-recycle-equipment

depending on what kit you previously had.

There are regular topics on this where one part of VM instructs the customer to do one thing and another part of VM tells the cusomer to do something different.

If you do have to return anything, make sure you keep a record of posting/delivery documents and receipts. Personally, I'd also make a note of model and serial no. of any equipment returned. If VM offer to pick up anything from you, make a note of the staff badge ID or van reg. or similar by way of proof it was actually collected by a VM person.

Auntlucy
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your answer, but I do not have a returns label, so could a moderator please answer and look in to this for me.

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Auntlucy

Thanks for coming back to us.

Please re-order the returns packaging here 

You'll receive this within 14 days 🙂 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Auntlucy
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Could the Mods please explain...

I have read the instructions and the items required to be sent back when swapping router equipment are Hubs 3 and Hubs 4. The information in the box said recycle the old equipment.

My hub is a Hub 2 and the serial number matches your email.

Why has it now after some months been decided that you want it back.  The website says you do not want it returned.   I am elderly and staying at home as much as possible so I will not be going out until I feel safe.  Luckily I have not recycled it yet for the very same reason.  

Please look in to this problem. 

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello @Auntlucy,

I am so sorry for any confusion caused.

I would love to access your account and check everything for you, I will send you a private message so we can clear the security questions, then I can double check this for you.

I look forward to your response.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for talking to me in private today @Auntlucy,

I am glad that I was able to check into this further for you and that we have now found out the correct information together.

We are always here if you need anymore help in the future.

I hope you have a lovely weekend 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos