Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Retentions

How do you get through to retentions now? When I phone it doesn't seem to give an option and you just go straight through to the call centre. TIA.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retentions

Hi Brunostreete,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome back, you can contact our customer relations team on 0345 454 1111 options 1,4 then 5 before making any decisions, they will be able to do a full review on your account and get the best deal available to you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

That's what I thought but i'm not getting those options. After choosing option 1 you only get 2 options, I've even tried pressing 4 and it just transfers you straight to the call centre.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The options I get are press 1 for a fault or 2 for anything else.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have just tried myself and it goes to them, 

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Using what option? There is only 2 options, 1 for faults and 2 for anything else. You then go straight through to a call centre.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The best option is 150 from your landline this is free, then option 1 then 4 you will hear thinking of leaving option.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I tried that yesterday and still exactly the same options.

When you phone do you get an option 4?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

i just gave it a go, and I think the problem is that the options to choose are not 1, 4, 5, but are in fact 1, 1, 4, 4 and then 1 or 2 as appropriate, followed by selected digits from your on line password (you know, the one you've forgotten ever setting).  Recent discussion in the forum suggests that even after that, "thinking of leaving" calls are triaged by the crummy offshore team, and my guess is that that is to stop people using retentions for tech support. 

If Virgin Media weren't so incompetent they'd realise that if the tech support team weren't so staggeringly crap, then people wouldn't need to use retentions to get faults fixed.

But I'm assuming you're ringing because you are coming to the end of a discount?  In which case don't get your hopes up - there's been plenty of chatter in the forums that shows VM are now playing hard ball on discounts, so be prepared for a situation where they offer you no discount at all, or a laughable one of a couple of quid.  I'd suggest that before calling, you have a look at Uswitch (or other price comparison site) and see what your options are with other ISPs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that.

Seems you just have to talk to the call centre now and you can't go straight through to retentions. Seems such a terrible backward step from Virgin.

0 Kudos