Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Retentions team complaint

Virgin Media,

I would like to raise a complain against your Cancellation and Retention team, I phoned at 9:28am today to cancel my current 12 month contract with 30 days notice and was offered £29 a month to stay. I declined the offer and was told that I would receive an email in 72 hours confirming cancellation.

After the quick call I did some sums and thought the deal wasn’t so bad and phoned again to accept the £29 offer at 10:02am today. The representative then told me that the offer was gone now that I had requested cancellation and that the best offer I could get would be £35 a month. I was not told this would be a final offer and the representative apologised for being misinformed. I asked whether a member of retentions would contact me after cancellation but was told that didn’t happen anymore due to GDPR.

As a loyal customer, I feel this situation shouldn’t have happened and would like to complain against the complaints and retention team for misinforming me around my cancellation. If I was told that would be the final offer and I could not come back then I would have just accepted on the first call.

But now as a busy student with exams, I now have to switch broadband supplier because the retentions team sped through my cancellation procedure? I now feel I should cancel my Virgin Mobile contract too and leave Virgin Media all together if they do not come back with a deal again.

Very disappointed.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retentions team complaint

you wanted to cancel. you was offered a deal and said no.
and you are mad that they did what you told them. Deals always change. what you are offered now might not be offered in 10 minutes. that is how it works

you have no grounds for a complaint. What will your complaint be... "The team did what i asked"

BEWARE OF SCAMMERS SAYING THEY WORK FOR VM. Do not give any personal or account information over unless the person has the VM Logo next to their username.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting in touch MasterMcintosh.

Sorry to hear that you couldn't get the deal that was on offer 30 mins previously, you can raise a complaint by following the information on this link here.

Regards

Steven

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Steven, where is the web form to complain? Could you send a link?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No problem MasterMcIntosh, you can access the web form here.

Thanks

Steven 

0 Kudos