cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retentions team calling from personal number?? Genuine?

Tish17
Joining in

Hi all,

I recently cancelled my contract and had received a couple of calls from their retentions team during the week, the calls came from a landline number.

I received a call yesterday and today (on Saturday and Sunday) from a mobile number (07779 087 688) from someone who claimed to be from the retentions team. He didn't go through any security with me but realed off all my information, including the deal I was on and how much I was paying. Yesterday he said he would need to go away and check what deals are available and has called me today with a deal that seems to good to be true.

Is it possible for someone to verify if this number is genuine?

They haven't asked me for any payment jnfo etc as I was unable to talk today and so asked them to call back tomorrow to discuss the deal properly.

They sent me a text saying the following:

Hello it's Ahsan from virgin media retention department hemel Hempstead office New upgrade broadband speed to 1GB is £29 plus £6 for sim total £35 a month please text or call me when you are available thanks

Something just seems off... Any adviceis greatly appreciated.

Thank you 

1 REPLY 1

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Tish17 

Thanks for your response

Some of our agents do work at home so an outbound mobile number from their work phone can sometimes display. To double check I would contact our customer care team on 150 or 0345 454 1111 who will be able to validate the call and follow up on the offer if needs be.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs