Menu
Fro17s
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Retentions change offer

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone else has had this experience and has any advice. My new customer offer comes to an end this month. Over the year I've had issues with the service.(I work in IT for a local company and we have a large amount of local remote workers struggling with the VM network).

As a customer I happy with the service at a price simular to my current rate, I'm not happy at a significantly higher price due to the service.

I phone retentions who initially offered to exchange my current deal which I was happy about. The line was bad and disconnected. When I phone back I was told that the current agent was unable to offer the same rate as they have different discounts they can give. Currently I'm in my 30 days notice and about to order Sky but it feel crazy that I can be offered a fair deal and for that to change when I phone back.

I'm happy to jump back on the phone again but with the wait times I'm not sure it's worth the chance. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Andruser
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retentions change offer

Whilst it will be a minority, there is a steady trickle of similar "didn't get the deal I was offered/agreed to" posts here.  However, because you weren't able to finalise and agree the deal you liked, then you don't have any recourse against the company, and retention deals are rarely or never "held open" once a call ends, so you're always back to square one if you need to phone them back.

If you cancel there's a very good chance (but no guarantee) that you'll get an outbound retentions call in the 30 day notice period, so I suggest you agree a Sky deal, and cancel VM.  If VM contact you, play hardball (clearly by that point they want your custom) so keeping banging on about "poor value, despite the speeds, want to stay with you mate, but you need to go lower", and don't accept the initial offer unless it's clearly a steal. If you get what you want, then you cancel the Sky installation under your cooling off rights before it even gets installed, so you pay nothing.  If VM don't contact you, or still won't offer a good price, you just let the Sky install go ahead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Burgh1
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

With you here.

3 phone calls and one chat session. Over a 2 week period. Agree one thing never goes through.

Retentions give you a deal your happy with, you put the phone down wait several days and nothing. Call again.

”I see it , however I can’t give that deal, I will give x and my supervisor will ratify and match what you’re were offered and you will see in your account/ contract” Inflated contract come through no discount.

Chat ? well enough said “ chocolate fireguards”

Call again “It will go through this time I see the problem why it didn’t in the past”

All stalling tactics, or poor customer service? In 18 years with VM never witnessed anything like it.

Im following the advice above regarding Sky. Because they won’t fix this incompetence overnight.

0 Kudos
NewExcelsior
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Finding I have the same issue, receive a call from outbound retentions giving a fantastic deal, end the call feeling happy and then no follow up email or information. Phone VM retentions who say your services are already disconnected, and they advise no information on any deal being offered, very confusing and irritating.  

0 Kudos
MNE22
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM are shocking. I've had enough and cancelled my contract then later received a phone call on a mobile number from my 'account manager' who was going to post me out information on a better deal.
Lo and behold I get an email next day saying congratulations you've taken out a new 18 months deal. I'm seething.......if this isn't fraud I don't know what is
0 Kudos
Fro17s
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

At least I'm not the only one.

I get the ecconomics of new customer deals vs existing. I don't like it but at least I understand it. I don't however understand how it can be right to offer one price verbally and then not honour it. That can't be treating customers fairly and just causes frustration.

The tip of ordering with Sky and being mindful about cooling off period feels like the best action!

0 Kudos