Menu
Taekook2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Retentions Team - Legitimate Call?

Hi, I’m a virgin media broadband AND mobile customer. Broadband has just increased at the end of contract from £25 to £49 for 100mb so I switched to talk talk. Found a better sim only deal with 3 so switched to them.

Had a call from virgin media today from a mobile number offering me a broadband deal of £16 plus a £4 sim if I stay with virgin.

I agreed as this was a good deal (despite them constantly telling me earlier in the week that the best they could do was £27). I subsequently cancelled talk talk installation and 3 Sim. I forgot to ask the man on the phone from virgin something so I called customer services back and they have no recollection of my conversation with anyone. They can only see my previous call when I asked to switch and give 30 days notice. 
My question is now have I been scammed?

I phoned the mobile number back and the man answered with just a simple hello and it sounded like he was driving. I explained what I needed to and he said it was all sorted. He said I’ll receive an email in 2 weeks time. I’m worrying now what’s going on. Any advice?

0 Kudos
Johninboro
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retentions Team - Legitimate Call?

Can you post the number?

A big clue is if the calling number is a Virgin mobile prefix.

You could also call 150 and go through to cancellations to check your notes.

The ONLY thing that concerns me is if you used a comparison site, if so then you may not have been dealing with Virgin directly, but an affiliate instead.

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
Seriously though, I'm happy to help.
0 Kudos
Taekook2
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

07970 677978 Is the number. 
cancellations have no record of my call with that guy earlier today. Only that I have given 30 days notice (yesterday), not that I have spoken to him to carry on at a discounted price. 

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Taekook2, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Sorry about this experience. As you can appreciate we do have agents working away from the office at the moment using phones, their numbers should be concealed but we are aware of cases when they haven't been. Have you heard anything since? 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
Taekook2
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ryan,

I’ve had an email now confirming it and called virgin to check. It is in fact legitimate and has now been documented on my account. So drama over!

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Love to hear! Glad it's been cleared up 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos