Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Retention offer

Okay so long story short on the 21st november I called up virgin to cancel my account as I has on the full house package on last years full house deal at 75 per month which goes to 133 this month as the deal runs out.

I explained I'd seen a great deal on sky so was going there. After they tried to persuade me to stay I confirmed I was going as the deal still wasnt a great one and less than a new customer would get.

I then took out a sky deal a few days later as part of their black friday deal. All good.

Then on the 3rd december I got a call from 'simon' from the 'loyalty team' asking me if they could persuade me to stay - I confirmed that I was leaving as I couldnt get the same deal as a new customer. He then said that they could as he was from the 'loyalty team' and after a few minutes discussing the fact I'd already taken out sky so I couldnt he suggested that I could as there was a 14 day cooling off period and there was nothing sky could do to stop me from cancelling. So I relented and accepted the new deal (the £79 oomph deal) and he said I'd get an email to confirm the next day.

I then cancelled the sky deal as I had just one day to cancel before the 14 day period.

After a few days I had no email so phoned up to ask for details about when my account would be switched to the new package.

They told me there was no record on my account about a package being offered and that I'm due to be disconnected on the 21st december. Is this a tactic that anyone else on here has seen to try and retain customers but at a higher rate simply to scupper a cheaper deal elsewhere?

Now of course the sky deal isnt available and I'm in the position where VM probnably now will say they wont offer that deal?

I called 150 on saturday and the woman confirmed the above and promised retentions would have a look and call me back on saturday or sunday. They didnt.

Surely there can't be that many people called 'simon' from the 'loyalty team' who were working on the third of december at 5.30pm and your call records would confirm a call to my number?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retention offer

Hi nexus1972, 

We have mailed the sales rep for you. 

Kind regards 

Chris. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well still no calls back. No confirmation email even of my cancellation from when I cancelled on the 21st november.

Its plain rude to say someone will call back (as they claimed on saturday) and then not then you've emailed them and still nothing.

Is it any surprise that on trustpilot virginmedia have a 1 star rating with 84% of respondents out of 10K+ giving your company one star?

I'm sure this isn't the individuals involved fault but a culture within the business saying to screw over your customers.

Can I just get a cancellation confirmation email/letter even as I'm now wondering if I'm going to get to the 21st december and someone tells me they dont have any record of me cancelling either.

Clearly when you are a new customer you get the gold service and when you come to the end of the contract there is an assumption that you as a company can do whatever the hell they like.

Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi nexus1972, 

I'm sorry you've not received a call back.

I've popped you over a private message so I can advise further.

Thanks,

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Well thanks for confirming my cancellation at least, is there any update regarding the call made to me by Simon?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi nexus1972, 

I've popped you over a private message this evening 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'd just like to say a massive thankyou to Alex and Chris who have sorted this out for me and done a massive amount of chasing.

You've restored my confidence massively.

Thank-you again, and I hope you both have a Great Christmas and New Year.

Paul.

0 Kudos