cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retention of landline number not exported?

TomG1
Joining in

I transferred over from VM to shell for internet and phone only.  I have no other services. I had to change my telephone number and e-mail address in the process, so VM couldn't export it. Can VM charge me for the retention of my old phone number even though it is now totally obsolete. I don't want VM billing me for this, but from what I can make out from my bill, it looks as though they are trying to do just that.

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

"so VM couldn't export it" - I have no clue what this means.

Have you given notice and cancelled both the VM Internet and the VM Telephone service ?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

The meaning of your post is not clear. Were you wanting to port your VM landline number to Shell (and couldn't for some reason) or were you specifically wanting not to port your VM landline number to Shell?

If you had ported your VM landline number to Shell that would have closed the landline part of your package but not the broadband.

If you have not ported the landline number from VM, then your VM landline and broadband will continue indefinitely until you give VM 30 days notice to cancel them.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TomG1 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you've decided to leave us for another provider. 

If you have requested that you would like your number to be ported to your new provider, the landline must remain active for this to be actioned. 

Please do let Shell know that you would like them to request a number port for you so they can request this from us. Once this is requested and accepted, the landline service would disconnect and a final bill generate for you. 

Please do let me know if this is not the issue and we'll be able to support further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley