Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Retention deal - being charged wrong amount

Can somebody please assist with this. 

I called to cancel my TV and SIM on Saturday and asked to keep the broadband only. This was my 30-day notice period, which expires precisely at the end of my contract. This was agreed at £47 per month and I was asked to call back mid-August to query any further discounts. 

On Monday I received a call from retentions offering me the same broadband package, and a SIM, on an 18-month deal for £34, which I accepted. 

Today, both deals are showing on my account - £34 from 27th July and £47 from 29th July! Not only that but the confirmation email says my next bill will be £150.70, followed by a credit of £74.96 in August, and it will then be £34 per month after this. 

I was expecting my package to simply downgrade, for me to return the V6 boxes and for my bill to revert to £34. Where have these extra charges come from and why are both deals showing on my account?

I’m now seriously considering just dropping the lot and moving to another provider. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retention deal - being charged wrong amount

Hi ps1983,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear there is some confusion around your new package as there are 2 different offers showing on your account, so I can help with this and give you some clarity I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos