Menu
cje72
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Retention deal agreed on phone, but no confirmation received

My current contract is due to expire on the 23rd October, so on Monday 5th I spoke to first the customer service team, then the retentions team, to see what else was available.

We agreed a deal to re-contract my Ultimate Oomph package for another 18 months, and the person I spoke to said that this would be reflected in 'My Account', and I would receive a confirmation email, "within a day or two".  As of today neither of these things has happened (My Account still shows my current contract, and forthcoming price increase), and I'm finding it impossible to contact anybody by phone or live chat, without a wait of at least an hour (although I will try tomorrow at 8am, as others have suggested on this forum).

Is there any other way of checking whether my deal has been processed, and updating My Account to show that - can one of the forum team here do it?

0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Retention deal agreed on phone, but no confirmation received

Hi cje72,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. We understand the frustration caused when documents are not forwarded on to you to confirm new package deals. 

If this package has been agreed by our retentions team we would have applied this and noted your account for you. 

We will gladly pop you over a private message to confirm your new deal has been added for you to give you piece of mind

Click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi

Carro74
Just joined
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I’ve also had this experience. Mobile number called and was able to tell me my bill amount and agreed a deal to stay with VM. Said I would receive an email within 48hours. Am still waiting. Gave the name Biggish Patel and was on 07929 860060

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Carro74

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via the forums in regards to the recent contact you had with ourselves in relation to your package, we appreciate you making us aware of this via the forums and welcome to the community.

From looking at your account we aren't able to see any notes in regards to you accepting an offer, we can see you declined an offer and gave 30 days notice. If this is incorrect, we'd recommend giving the team a call on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 option 1, option 4 then option 4 this will get you through to the cancellations team who will be able to look into this further for you.

Rob

0 Kudos