Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Retention completely lacking

Phoned this morning to see what could be offered regarding our bill now that out promotional period is at an end. Was told that our bill could be cut from £90 to £87 😯

Whilst I know nothing is owed and there’s no obligation to discount, I’m quite surprised how lacking the attempt was to lock me down to another 18 month contract. Not even a slightly better ‘take it or leave it’ offer to try and lean on the convenience of not changing (was paying £60 for maxit, 200mb and cinema).

I was told to call back on the 27th for possible existing customer Black Friday deals knowing full well that would take my 30 day cancellation period into another month which I thought was sneaky.

Went into the call anticipating a little give and take but now looking at switching. Did I just catch them at the wrong time or is this currently the way she goes?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Retention completely lacking

deals change on a daily basis so worth a call anytime - was not aware they did existing customer black friday deals - theres always a 1st time but that sounds like BS

there is another route - give 30 days notice now - chances are outbound will ring you with an offer - but its not guaranteed - if they do take it or leave it - usually no 2nd chance and the whilst the offer will be noted on your account normal retentions will not be able to offer it

Tony
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @RyanLloyd 

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear that you're unhappy with the service received and that the offer wasn't suitable. As mentioned by @-tony- (thank you) our offers do change often and we would always advise you to call and have a chat to see what we can offer. 

We're not able to amend packages here or recontract, however the team on the phone will do their best to help you if you call back regarding the existing customer offer deals. 

Please let us know if you need any further help. 

Thanks, 

Hollie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Would you Adam and Eve it? A call the day after I cancelled from a lovely lady named Claire who has offered me £12 less than my promo period for the same package (minus the 12 months of Prime)!

Definitely the way to go, I just wish inbound was just as easy. Thanks for the advice Tony. 

0 Kudos